Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Online Coop Book Orders  (Read 1040 times)

jess427m

• View Profile
Online Coop Book Orders
« on: August 16, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »
 A word of advice: If you were planning to order your books online from the Coop, don't. I called to check on the progress of my order and they are just starting to process orders from JULY. Books that were ordered when our booklists came out last week are not scheduled to ship out until the middle of next week (meaning we probably won't have them in time for class).

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: Online Coop Book Orders
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
I ordered mine and am just picking them up next week.
Carlos Cadena Society

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 06:19:18 PM »
I ordered mine and am just picking them up next week.

pick up orders didn't seem to be an issue but ones that were going to be shipped.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »
UPDATE:

I'm not sure if they bumped my order up because I called them or if they are just moving very very quickly but my books shipped out at 3 AM and I should have them either today or tomorrow.

J

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:15:26 AM »
UPDATE:

I'm not sure if they bumped my order up because I called them or if they are just moving very very quickly but my books shipped out at 3 AM and I should have them either today or tomorrow.

J

Alls well that ends well. Now maybe you can start reading them like Felsen.
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »

I am truly becoming an inspiration and role model for all to follow.  Woe to the world!  ;)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:05 PM »

I am truly becoming an inspiration and role model for all to follow.  Woe to the world!  ;)

While I admire your tenacity, you have to realize that reading up on the material beforehand really isn't going to do anything for you beyond give you an opportunity to read everything all over again, right?

Yes, I fully expect to re-read the assigned readings once they actually get posted.  Yes, I realize that it will probably be no long-term benefit to reading ahead of time.

No, I disagree that there is no short-term benefit.  Since (as long as they start at the beginning of the book) I will have read the material through at least one more time and will have had a couple of weeks to do some pre-digestion of the material, I will feel much more comfortable during the first week or so of classes.  Having a preview of the material is also helping relieve the stress of not being able to actually do anything productive while just sitting and waiting for things to start.

It is not like I'm reading through the entire textbook, just the foreward/preview and first chapter.  It is either that or playing way too much Civ IV.  I can only take so much of Leanard Nimoy spouting bible versus and proverbs while I'm playing a game.