Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still WAIT LISTED!  (Read 4923 times)

alicek1213

• View Profile
Still WAIT LISTED!
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »
The semester starts in a week and I am still on the wait list!  I've tried contacting them by phone and e-mail and still no response.  Is anyone else still on the wait list???????????  should I assume the worst?

cali_girl

• View Profile
Re: Still WAIT LISTED!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 07:18:43 PM »
hey, in the same boat as you.  Rumor has it we will al hear the first 2 days of class if we're in or not.  They have not been taking people from the waitlist, from what I heard through the San Diego grapevine, because they are not sure how many people of the admitted ones are going to show up and completely mess their parking situation.  >:( >:(

I called, left messages, nobody is picking up the phone, nobody is answering e-mails.  Classes start on the 23rd but I don't know when orientation is, if they have such a thing with them. 

Calling all waitlisted TJSL people....does anyone have more info???  Post it here.

alicek1213

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:33:18 PM »
well at least now i know i'm not the only one not getting any of my e-mails, phone calls returned!! maybe i'll send them a smoke signal! hahaha  glad to hear there are at least 2 of us in this boat.

do you know how many people are on the wait list?

cali_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:44:13 PM »
Close to 100, but the waitlist is ranked...so who knows where we stand.

alicek1213

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »
are you serious?  great.  i think i'll just assume the worst now and indulge myself in some serious comfort food tonight like pizza and ice cream...or maybe mac and cheese.  yum.  if you don't mind me asking, did you get in anywhere else?

cali_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
LOL! that sounds like a good idea to me too.....icecream! 

Yeah, I was admitted to St. Thomas in FL, John Marshall Atlanta, UDC, UDM and Barry.  In the end I decided that I would not leave San Diego for any of these schools and I will just wait for TJSL to say yes.  If they don't I will keep applying to bnoth TJSL and Cal Western until one decided I'm admission material.  Cal Western pulled one on me.....they sent me an e-mail telling me I was admitted and then I got a letter saying I was rejected...how about that for a heart attack??  I sobbed on the phone while talking to an admission counselor, like an idiot, and she promised she'll make it up to me for what they did, if I applied again in the winter.  SO maybe that will work out if TJ doesn't come through for me.  Hopefully TJ says yes and I don't have to worry about this whole mess.

What about you?  Where are you from?  Any other admissions?

alicek1213

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »
are you sure you're not me?!?! haha 
my story goes like this...i applied to 8 schools and got denied everywhere...the best i could do was being waitlisted at TJ.  I'm also in San Diego and would love to stay here...i was wait listed for Cal Western, but then rejected.  I CAN NOT believe they did that to you!!!!!  that admissions counselor deserved to hear every bit of your tears!!  I'm on the same plan as you...if TJ denies me, then i'll re-apply for the winter to TJ and Cal Western.  i guess i'll just keep applying until SOMEONE lets me in....ugh.  i don't even want to BEGIN to think about the application process again. 
are you from California?  and you live in san diego?

cali_girl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
hahahaha! How's that for a coincidence?

Yeah, I'm in San Diego, I guess I consider myself a San Diegan since this was my first home in the US 5 years ago...but I am European at heart.  I went up north in Cali for my UG and I could not stand it.  I'm back and I;m not going anywhere until they let me in.  My husband is joking all the time about setting up a tent in front of TJ and protesting so they'll let me in.  Every time I hear that damn phone ringing I'm praying it's Mary Retoriano with the good news.  At least the mailman is happy I stopped stalking him.

I live in Mission Valley, at the Promenade.  Where ru? 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 08:58:04 PM »
You both need to go to the pre-law board; there's a waitlist board, and there might be more info there.

alicek1213

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 01:30:14 AM »
hahaha i used to stalk my mail man too, until he delivered nothing but rejection letters! hahaha  i'll join you in that tent of yours in front of TJ...at least we can go to those great mexican restaurants in old town during our breaks! you live at the Promenade in Mission Valley, ey?  my friend used to live there and i love that place!  you never have to leave your building!  everything is there!...plus how great is it that you're that close to sombrero's across the street? hehe  i live in la jolla.

i've been living here in san diego for just about five years...moved down here for undergrad. 

if we both get in, i've decided you're officially my first law school friend! hehe and if we don't get in, cafe coyote will be our first restaurant break after we put up our tent.  hahahha