Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Recreational Facilities, any Info?  (Read 2247 times)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: Recreational Facilities, any Info?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 03:59:59 PM »
to the ut ug alumns, which gyms are the "see and be seen" gyms, so that I can find somewhere else to work out in peace?  The Anna Hiss gym looks small and close to the law school.  Is that the best bet?

On the map, there are only two gyms listed. The huge one and a small one that is on the NW side of campus.
Carlos Cadena Society

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 04:17:34 PM »
Ana Hiss is only a basketball court. If you want to work out, it's either Gregory or Rec Sports Center (RSC).

Gregory is the see and be seen gym, RSC is the less trafficked gym.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 03:26:16 PM »
I just went on campus today to use the facilities.  RSC is closed for the intersemester break (according to the website) so I went to Gregory.  Our student IDs do get us past the guard on the way in.  I can see why folks would line up to get a permanent locker.  They have very few day use lockers, so you have to get a permanent one if you want to use a locker at the facilities.  I'll have to check out the RSC to see which one I'll prefer to use.

The Gregory Gym looked respectable.  It is a bit closer to the middle of campus, so I can understand that being the more frequented gym.  It looks like they're both about the same distance from the Law School, though.  It was around a 15 minute walk from the San Jacinto garage.  That's almost enough to convince me to park a bike on campus just for commuting back and forth between the garage and gym.  :)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 12:38:26 AM »
Have you seen that Gregory is going to be closed to the students between 8-12 everyday of first semester. Apparently they are using the weightroom for Kineaseology (sp?). What kinda *&^% is that?
Carlos Cadena Society

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
What?! I was planning on working out in the mornings.

Oh well... Brave, maybe we can just move heavy items up 3 flights of stairs every morning? We seem to have mastered that!

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 12:49:29 AM »
that's quite the bull.  Oh well, not like i'd wake up early to work out anyway.

The morning is the only good time I have to workout given my crap class schedule ... stupid UT.
Carlos Cadena Society