Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: call back interviews  (Read 608 times)

luckyboy

• View Profile
call back interviews
« on: August 13, 2006, 06:36:27 PM »
anyone know a general rule of thumb, basically, do they call 2 people back for every one position, just want to know general chances and how many other people you must beat once you get to that point,

norm012001

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: call back interviews
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 06:41:27 PM »
I think all firms are different.  One partner at a big firm I'm hopefully being called back to (I know him outside of work) told me that they take each callback planning to give them an offer unless that person gives them a reason not to.  Other places where I know associates have told me that it's about half or maybe less.  I don't think there's any way to know.  Just go in assuming that you're guaranteed nothing and you'll do well.
3.19/165, 6yrs work experience, EE Master's

Accepted: GWU, GMU, American
Waitlist: Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, UVa
Withdrawn: UNC (withdrew in mid March, tired of waiting)

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: call back interviews
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »
No way to generalize because firms vary.  But in my experience, you are in an excellent place once you get a callback.  These firms get thousands of applications, then interview somepercentage of these people- but I'd imagine it's a very small percentage that get to go to the firm, just because fo the time involved to be taken to lunch and meet with 5-10 attorneys.