Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A New To Do List  (Read 2140 times)

margee

A New To Do List
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »
I think I've decided to go up to Austin next week to take care of a few things that I don't want to do during orientation or the day before.  My lease doesn't start until the 25th, so it's either now or during orientation :-\

I was hoping I could get your help making a list of things that I need to do while I'm there.

-Get ID Card
-Buy Books (I've pretty much decided I'd rather just get them there.  That way I can buy used books with confidence... plus, they're cheaper on half my books)
-Investigate Shuttle Route (locations and times)
-Pick Up Microsoft Office (if available)

I know there's other stuff, I just can' think of it...

jess427m

• View Profile
Re: A New To Do List
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 01:45:10 PM »
Maybe take a walk around the law school and find a quiet corner/ area that you would like to use for studying?

Also: once you have your ID, open that IF account that they discussed on the Freshlaw Early Bird list.

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »
"IF" account - could you please elaborate for this transfer who gets absolutely no good info...thanks

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »
I was hoping I could get your help making a list of things that I need to do while I'm there.

-Get ID Card

Has anyone been able to get an ID card yet?  I know it's on the early bird list, but I tried today and they told me you have to be registered for classes which won't be done until orientation.

Also, anyone wanting to buy used books should do so ASAP. There wasn't a huge used selection when I went by today, and many of my required books weren't available used. Total cost for all Section 2A books ~$550.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »
And just in case anyone didn't understand this, you have to take the picture there.  I thought that the pictures we sent in earlier would be used on our id pictures.  They're not.  Imagine my suprise when I went to get my id while still having chipmunk cheeks from getting my wisdom teeth out.   Not so cute.

Ha!  I thought I was the only one to be caught off gaurd..

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 06:40:01 PM »
well for the record, I was at the registrar changing my name and the lady there told me I couldn't get my ID yet.  She actually went so far as to say that she didn't understand why the law school would tell me I could get my ID.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for taking someone's word for it.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 11:10:11 PM »
Y'all don't like the names your mammas gave you?  Or have there been some marriages going on since you applied?

My ID card just has my first and middle initials along with my last name.  I don't know if they're space constrained, or if they do that for everyone.

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 10:19:09 AM »
Y'all don't like the names your mammas gave you?  Or have there been some marriages going on since you applied?

Recently married (June 17th).  I'm having an identity crisis now as my passport with my maiden name is my official ID for some things and my driver's license with my married name is for others.  It's a very painful process changing your name.

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 06:17:15 PM »
'Course, you could always be progressive and... keep your name.  Or make your husband change his.   :D

oh i'm sick of that debate, it's so 10 years ago.

my hubby quit his job, found a new one in austin, left all his family and friends behind, put off his own goals of going back to school, and is financially supporting me through law school.  he even found lsd for me. now that's progressive.

i think i'll change my name.  :)

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »
all in good fun. no seriousness.  ;)