;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3973 times)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: Book lists are up.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 10:17:34 AM »
Yep, between work,  two kids, and a wife, I'm swimming in time.  I find it really hard to believe more folks haven't cracked open their books to get a look at what they'll be learning for the next few months.

There is not a chance of me cracking a book until our first day assignments are up.
Carlos Cadena Society

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »
Yep, between work,  two kids, and a wife, I'm swimming in time.  I find it really hard to believe more folks haven't cracked open their books to get a look at what they'll be learning for the next few months.

There is not a chance of me cracking a book until our first day assignments are up.

Ditto.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 12:13:24 PM »

Ditto.

Ditto

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »
It looks like I'm definitely in the minority then.  The only restraint I've been exercising  about reading the books is that I don't want to read too far in and get stuck with a lot of misconceptions on the material.  Reading through 2 pages a night helps me temper my anxiety while waiting for school to start.

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 12:32:41 PM »
Felson:
My mentor told me that he was told that a handful of us are going to have to switch sections. Although the chances are slim, I wouldn't yet highlight or mark in the books. (The coop only gives back 75% for new books that have marks in them).

tank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 11:43:24 PM »
How do you find out which professors you have within your section?

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 12:21:18 AM »
How do you find out which professors you have within your section?

Your professors should be on your Freshlaw status page.

The other professors in your section can be found on the book list page for your section (also on Freshlaw status).

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:38 AM »
You can just walk into the Co-Op (East one just by the Law School) and buy your books.  There may be a few that are still missing, but when they come in you should be able to just walk in and get them.

The 1L books were not along the wall where they have the big sign for law school books.  They were out on pallets right next to it in the aisles.  When you get there, they have signs hanging from the ceiling for each section above that section's pallet of books.