Heresy

• View Profile
Re: Book lists are up.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »
Tony, what would we do without you?  :)

margee

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »
Grrrrrrr I don't have acrobat reader yet.  I think I saw it on the bevoware list....

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 05:10:11 PM »
I started looking at the University Co-op website to order books and it appears (at least for section three) that all the titles are not available yet. For our Civ Pro class there is one title which is not listed and our contracts class was not even listed.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 05:30:25 PM »
Grrrrrrr I don't have acrobat reader yet.  I think I saw it on the bevoware list....

Acrobat Reader is a free download from http://www.adobe.com/.  They let you read from the PDFs free, they just charge you for the software to edit PDFs.  They might also have it on a Bevoware list, but you can also get it straight from the source.

margee

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 05:35:21 PM »
I love bevoware.  just sayin.

Ok, so I feel like a moron, but I can't fiure out the co-op website.  I selected Fall 2006, Law School, then there were course numbers that aparently weren't Unique numbers (wrong number of digits + the next field asks you to select a Unique).  WTF? I checked the first 10 or so course numbers to see if they contained my first unique number, and they didn't. 

Is that a site glitch, or am I just going brain dead from all of my vegging about?

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
I'm at the screen.  I select Fall 2006.  In the next list, I select Law School (LAW).  I then select 434 (which is the class code for Con Law I).  I then select 21835 - Powe, and it brings up the book for that class.

So you select the Unique number (and professor name) after you select the course number.  If you're looking at the course list on FreshLaw Status, you can click on the Unique number and it hyperlinks to the class schedule that includes the course number.

margee

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
This is the most convoluted system I've ever used ::)

I'm posting my results in my section thread, btw.

margee

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 12:54:29 AM »
 :-\ Do you think the supply will last until Thursday?  Though, I guess there's really no way for you to guage that since you don't know the rate at which they're going....

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 02:14:34 AM »
Who knows.  I got to the Co-op at about 10:30AM, and it looked like all the pallets were freshly stacked.  They stacked the Used ones on top, and I would guess they had around 18 Used books of each type for Section 1.  The LR&W books are much more likely to get all the used books snatched up sooner, as they're shared across all the sections.