Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3828 times)

Jennifer17

• View Profile
Re: Book lists are up.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »
For section 2, only about half of the books were available used.  There were only about 5-10 used copies of the books for torts and civ pro, and almost all had severe highlighting and writing in the margins.

Also, I asked what they do if you order online and order used books for which there aren't used copies available.  They said they cancel that portion of your order.  That seems to defeat the purpose of the ease of ordering online.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 11:44:50 AM »
For section 2, only about half of the books were available used.  There were only about 5-10 used copies of the books for torts and civ pro, and almost all had severe highlighting and writing in the margins.

Also, I asked what they do if you order online and order used books for which there aren't used copies available.  They said they cancel that portion of your order.  That seems to defeat the purpose of the ease of ordering online.

I ordered online and when checking out this issue was addressed. It made you choose a substitution option in case there aren't any used/new books available (depending on what you ordered). You could choose to substitute with whatever was available, only substitute with new or only substitute with used.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »
I have a professor Robertson for Con Law 1, but his books are not listed on the online ordering. I accidentally ordered the wrong professor's books so I will have to return them and sort it out. FYI, all new books for section 2d is $581.
Carlos Cadena Society

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 12:11:06 PM »
Did anyone else order their books online from the University Coop? If so, have they shipped out yet?

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »
Did anyone else order their books online from the University Coop? If so, have they shipped out yet?

You mean you've not read the introductory sections of each of your books yet, as well as memorized the first 5 cases?  Uh oh.  ;)

I'm glad I went in and got mine, as being able to actually start reading in some of my casebooks is a nice relief.  It has helped prevent me from imagining that the courses are going to be some impossibly difficult thing.  Unfortunately, it has also confirmed to me that I won't be able to just read through the required reading once and be done with it.  :(

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »
DUCK AND RUN FOR COVER! WE HAVE A GUNNER ON HAND!

You can tell Brave doesn't know me well yet.  He needs to find a picture with a much bigger gun.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »

You mean you've not read the introductory sections of each of your books yet, as well as memorized the first 5 cases?  Uh oh.  ;)

I'm glad I went in and got mine, as being able to actually start reading in some of my casebooks is a nice relief.  It has helped prevent me from imagining that the courses are going to be some impossibly difficult thing.  Unfortunately, it has also confirmed to me that I won't be able to just read through the required reading once and be done with it.  :(

Ugh. Clearly I suck at life. I might as well just call the school tomorrow and withdraw since I am already so far behind  ;)

utlaw09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 10:32:21 PM »

Ugh. Clearly I suck at life. I might as well just call the school tomorrow and withdraw since I am already so far behind  ;)

Or someone else just has way too much time on his hands. Dont worry -- most of us probably have not begun reading.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 11:20:10 PM »

Or someone else just has way too much time on his hands. Dont worry -- most of us probably have not begun reading.

Yep, between work,  two kids, and a wife, I'm swimming in time.  I find it really hard to believe more folks haven't cracked open their books to get a look at what they'll be learning for the next few months.

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »

Yep, between work,  two kids, and a wife, I'm swimming in time.  I find it really hard to believe more folks haven't cracked open their books to get a look at what they'll be learning for the next few months.

You're not alone Felsen, as my car is undrivable at the moment and I don't have 2 kids or a job, for that matter, I am swimming in time at the moment and have flipped through my books out of curiosity.

For some reason, the few times I have attempted to browse through my books, it is met with an almost immediate response of falling asleep.  It's almost like a relfex.  I better leave the books alone for the next 2 weeks before it turns into a Pavlov's dogs situation. :-[