Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Carlton Fields and Womble Carlyle?  (Read 3550 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Carlton Fields and Womble Carlyle?
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »
Anyone hear anything about either of these firms?

em

• View Profile
Re: Carlton Fields and Womble Carlyle?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »
Don't really have any good info besides what you can find on NALP.  But I had the info so . . .

Carlton Fields: 1900 billable expectation; $2200/wk during the summer; $115,000 starting; no summer splits; they have few attys in Atlanta (perhaps new in atl?)

Womble: 1800 billable expectation; 1850/wk during the summer; $115,000 starting?; summer splits (6 week minimum and must be first half); 70ish attys in Atlanta

I met some people from Womble at a meet and greet type thing in the spring.  All of them seemed very nice, for whatever that is worth.  One of them told me that they have four main practice areas: real estate, IP, corporate . . . ?  I am only sure of the first two, so basically I am of no help.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:35:24 PM »
Anyone hear anything about either of these firms?

I interviewed with Carlton Fields last week.  I came away impressed. Their business model is to not take over firms, but start their own firm in the cities they are in. That way they can don't have to do all of the conflict checks or get rid of the bad apples in a firm that you would take over. I'm also interested in Construction Law and they seem to have a very good practice in that area.

It's a good firm all in all in my opinion.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:37:56 PM »
Yeah, I'm hoping for a call back from them.  I really liked their firm model, and I've heard good things about them.

Blackacre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 11:48:19 AM »
Which office of Carlton Fields? I interviewed in Miami, and they allow splits (although only 1 of the summers split last year, and that one didn't get an offer).

dorsia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 06:12:33 PM »
Allow me to add an addition in regard to Carlton Fields's Miami office.  I heard through the grapevine that the candidates to whom CF originally extended offers declined them, and that CF may extend new offers in the next week or so. 

Don't hold me to this rumor, but if you are waiting for CF Miami, good luck to you.

dorsia

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »
Unfortunately, LSD isn't the best board for this type of question.