Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Welcome BBQ  (Read 2139 times)

jess427m

• View Profile
Welcome BBQ
« on: August 08, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
Apparently, if you plan to attend the welcome bbq after the first day of orientation you have to RSVP. There is a new tab in the "orientation info" section on Freshlaw. It also allows you to RSVP for your children, spouses, partners etc.

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Welcome BBQ
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »
They left out the most important information, though.  Is it going to be Rudy's BBQ, or that crappy Poke-E-Joe's stuff they did for the PSD?

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 01:50:53 PM »
Pok-E-Joe's has the best smoked turkey in Austin. Too bad they didn't have it at PSD.

And Rudy's isn't that much better. I've ruined a brisket and it tasted better than what you usually get at Rudy's.

If they really want to impress, the need to go to Scmitty's out in Lockhart, or Coopers in Llano.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
I like Kreutz in Lockhart.

In town, I like Ruby's brisket.  (Note the "b.")

Hmm..  Nothing to note really.  As a common noun, brisket should be lower-case.  Now if we were doing German, I would think it strange to be lower-case.

meestameesta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »
Kreutz/Shmitty's made me a BBQ snob.  I almost picked Baylor over SMU just to be closer.  Any UT peeps who have not had either must do themselves the favor of going to Lockhart for lunch.  I am jealous of all of you who get to be so close. 
yeehaw Dallas

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 12:15:04 AM »
I think he was pointing out Rubys, not Rudys.  That 'b', not the 'b' in brisket.

Ah, not I didn't even notice that 'b' even with the comment.   ;D

margee

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
I'm such a TX BBQ traitor.  For me, BBQ is only as good as the sauce.  The meat is just the vehicle with which I transfer the sauce to my mouth :D.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 10:08:01 AM »
I'm such a TX BBQ traitor.  For me, BBQ is only as good as the sauce.  The meat is just the vehicle with which I transfer the sauce to my mouth :D.

Agreed.

margee

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »
Well, what can I say.  I'm not really a Texan, you know.  I just play one on TV.

margee

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:29 AM »
Well I'm no Texan; I just stopped being a vegetarian a few years ago (after 15 years of abstinence), so I still have that recent-convert enthusiasm about large hunks of pure, unadorned, well-smoked meat.

:D :D :D