Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: transfer problem.  (Read 1076 times)

Dip827

• View Profile
    • Email
transfer problem.
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »
ok guys i was accepted to ru-camden and i have basically done everything to go there, paid the tuitionm registered and etc. but today i just got a call from hofstra saying i was accepted.

i want to practice in NY, but rutgers is ranked higher and is also cheaper, but i've always heard go where you want to practice, yet at the same time hearing go to the best school you get into. 

so what would you guys do?

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: transfer problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:52:45 AM »
Well, RU-Camden is a better school as you seem to realize. Plus the Rutgers name travels well, lots of NY firms recruit at RU-Camden plus you will have tons of access to all NJ and Philly firms. If you go to Hofsra you might be in NY but you still have to compete with grads from NYU, Columbia, Fordham, Cardozo, plus all the other top school grads from around the country that want to work in NYC. Not to mention the lower ranked NYC schools like St. J, NYLS, CUNY. And even the north jersey schoools target NYC. Rutgers is NJ's state university so even though its not ranked as high as other schools is has some "prestige." Plus you seem pretty far along in the process already. Oh....did I mention that I just transfered there. Are you getting in state tution at Rutgers?

Dip827

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:07:01 PM »
yea i'm getting in-state

fiveten

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »
Even though the schools are in different states, I would say they are definitly in the same region (aren't they less than 200 miles apart?) so maybe you should just go to the higher ranked one.  80 v. a T3?  Plus instate tuition!  Yeah I would say definitely Rutgers

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 01:01:47 PM »
by the way RU-Camden isn't 80, its like 65 i think