Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To law students 29+  (Read 3490 times)

jjason

• View Profile
Re: To law students 29+
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 09:20:17 PM »
i also find some of the "stuff" from younger students annoying. This certainly isn't an attack on their intelligence because many of them are. But there is something to be said about maturity and real life experiences. I don't know... As an old judge friend said to me once, "The arrogance and naivety of youth."

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 11:09:16 PM »
there are dumbasses at every age, dont forget that.  And you are only as old as you feel and act.  I tell you the good thing about being married and going to law school is that you have all the time that you would spend chasing tail to study :D

jjason

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »
there are dumbasses at every age, dont forget that.  And you are only as old as you feel and act.  I tell you the good thing about being married and going to law school is that you have all the time that you would spend chasing tail to study :D

HA HA!! "Chasing tail." I forgot about that.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »

yeah i know but i dont want to be a total anti-social...these people will presumably be my colleagues so i'd like to be able to make some friends...im not married w/kids so i dont really fit in with that set and im not a 20 something worried about "chasing tail  :D"... i just hope i can find some down to earth people that i have things in common with ...whatever age they are...  my experience in undergrad, as a non-trad, let me know that my patience for juvenile bs is very short.
...man, you was who you was before you got here

jd4me2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2006, 08:32:28 AM »
I am 35 and have four children - ages 14, 8, 7, and 6. My hubby and kids are an asset. They help me stay focused and lead a balanced life. I'm only going part time the first few semesters and right now it's working out great. I go to class three days a week in the morning then go to the library to study till they get home in the afternoon. I usually spend a few days a week at the library from 7-11 or so but except for the two weeks before finals, the weekend is FAMILY TIME!! It really helps :0)

TheSunDevil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »
Seems like a lot of women are going to school while their husbands work. I'm the opposite; my wife is supporting me!

Best of luck to everyone!