Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 2470 times)

cozmo

• View Profile
Re: Lockers
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 11:40:56 AM »
Does anyone know if they usually fill up?  ???

We had lockers at my work I never used, lockers at my UG (real small school) I never used, never used my locker in HS, haven't used one since Middle school so I dont know why I would want to start using one now but who knows. I'd like to be able to decide later in the semester.

My understanding is that they do.  The 1Ls get first dibs, but everyone else wants them too.

That's interesting that we get first dibs -- I assumed we got what the 3Ls and 2Ls didn't want.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 11:43:01 AM »

We had lockers at my work I never used, lockers at my UG (real small school) I never used, never used my locker in HS, haven't used one since Middle school so I dont know why I would want to start using one now but who knows. I'd like to be able to decide later in the semester.

My understanding is that they do.  The 1Ls get first dibs, but everyone else wants them too.

About the 1Ls first dibs.  From the SBA site, they mention that locker renewals were done back in May for this coming school year.  So while 1Ls may get first dibs of getting a new locker, it sounds like existing locker renters still get first dibs on keeping whatever locker they already have.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
I just reserved a keyed locker. UT provides the lock/key right?

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »

About the 1Ls first dibs.  From the SBA site, they mention that locker renewals were done back in May for this coming school year.  So while 1Ls may get first dibs of getting a new locker, it sounds like existing locker renters still get first dibs on keeping whatever locker they already have.

Good find.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 05:46:25 PM »
I just reserved a keyed locker. UT provides the lock/key right?

Yes, they provide the lock and key, which is why you have to pay an extra $20 deposit for the keyed locker.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
Am I the only one who chose the combination lockers ? I did so because (a) I'm worried I'll lose the key, and (b) The idea of having so many books that I need the "Larger" lockers makes me emotionally shut down and give up.

Anyone? Anyone?

Eh, I guess it's just me and the 2 and 3Ls.

margee

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »
I also got a combo lock.  I dislike the idea of potentially losing the key as well.  Plus I didn't want to pay the extra money :D

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 01:21:44 AM »
Am I the only one who chose the combination lockers ? I did so because (a) I'm worried I'll lose the key, and (b) The idea of having so many books that I need the "Larger" lockers makes me emotionally shut down and give up.

Anyone? Anyone?

Eh, I guess it's just me and the 2 and 3Ls.

I figure I'd forget the combination before I lose a key.  That and I can never get the combination locks to work the first time... well, at least I couldn't when I was in 6th grade...

Hooray!  Deuces is back from his long absence.  I agree.  Though I can still remember the combination for the lock I bought 10 years ago, and haven't used recently.  I've yet to lose my keyring.  In that case, the $20ish deposit is a much smaller issue than re-ordering a back-up key for my car, and deciding if the loss warrant changing my house locks.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »
If it's any consolation, and just to be facetious, i'll say i lost my passport over the weekend while abroad.  Let that be a lesson to you.  Always meet the Eastern European chicks at THEIR hotel.

Eastern European chicks .... <druels>
Carlos Cadena Society