Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class Schedules etc.  (Read 4497 times)

jess427m

• View Profile
Class Schedules etc.
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I know some of you have mentioned knowing 2L's & 3L's at UT so I thought you might have the answer to this one: Does anyone know how we get the syllabi for our classes once the schedules come out? Word from the Admissions office is that schedules are going out around August 1. I know we'll have reading to do for the first day of classes but I wasn't sure if we got syllabi during orientation or if they were available online etc.

Thanks,
Jess

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Class Schedules etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:12:42 PM »
Other than the 1. August date that they just threw out, I had previously heard that they will be dividing up the class into the societies next week.  They would then post this information on the web-site where we could see.

As far as the reading assignments, I do not know.

pogotogo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »
I'm a rising 2L at UT, just stumbled upon this site today.

Last Fall is a hazy memory, but I think first day assignments were posted on the Freshlaw site.  They went up either during orientation or right before.  I do remember that we only had a couple of days to read, but the first day assignments were pretty light and easy.

As for class syllabi, a lot of profs will post them up on Blackboard, but I'm not sure that that will be available to you before classes start.  I think for most of (maybe all) of my classes, the profs handed out the syllabus on the first day.

Again, sorry for the lack of detail, but right now it seems like a really long time ago.  Don't worry, you will get your assignments eventually, and you will have plenty of time to complete them.

Welcome to UT Law.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:03:13 PM »
I'm a rising 2L at UT, just stumbled upon this site today.

Last Fall is a hazy memory, but I think first day assignments were posted on the Freshlaw site.  They went up either during orientation or right before.  I do remember that we only had a couple of days to read, but the first day assignments were pretty light and easy.

As for class syllabi, a lot of profs will post them up on Blackboard, but I'm not sure that that will be available to you before classes start.  I think for most of (maybe all) of my classes, the profs handed out the syllabus on the first day.

Again, sorry for the lack of detail, but right now it seems like a really long time ago.  Don't worry, you will get your assignments eventually, and you will have plenty of time to complete them.

Welcome to UT Law.

Thanks for the help!

margee

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 10:15:32 AM »
 :D

Apparently, patience is not one of the qualities found in most LS applicants :D

(In other words, BAFF)

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:50:14 AM »
as a transfer - I don't even get to register until the 25th of august - not much time to track down books and start the reading...

Heresy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »
Do we know if they are to be posted via Freshlaw or the normal UTLaw Student Portal?

I so wish that the Societies were assigned Hogwarts-style.

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
tag.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

selena

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 10:52:27 AM »
Ok, it's August.  Where's the society information?

I am wondering about exactly the same thing. I want my schedule!!!!!

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 10:52:46 AM »
I've got plenty of patience.  Do you know how much patience it requires to sit on the UT web page and browse back and forth between the FreshLaw site and the discussion boards, and the students section just waiting for one of them to update with information about my class schedule?  Then every once in a while I come here, and get a bit too excited when somebody posts in this thread, only to find out they aren't being as patient as I am.  :)