Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In an effort to change the subject...  (Read 2498 times)

margee

In an effort to change the subject...
« on: July 27, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »
I just reserved my moving truck :-\

I'm not looking forward to the packing and the loading and the unloading. :(

I am, however, looking forward to the unpacking ;D

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: In an effort to change the subject...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »
Ah, have you not moved often enough to have the pleasure of opening up a box of dishes that weren't broken when you placed them in there?  Have you not had the joy of opening up every single box in the house trying desperately to find your GI Joe's character specific backpack and gun?

Ah, to be young and not have had moving tragedies again.  :)

pocho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »
I move in a week and a half, and at the risk of becoming the "me monster" mentioned by comedian Brian Regan, I am dreading a 27 hour drive, through such interesting places as New Mexico, and West Texas.  (I've never been to either, so hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised). 

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »
I move in a week and a half, and at the risk of becoming the "me monster" mentioned by comedian Brian Regan, I am dreading a 27 hour drive, through such interesting places as New Mexico, and West Texas.  (I've never been to either, so hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised). 

That's a long drive.  Is that coming all the way from Seattle then?  I know that the Provo, UT to Austin, TX trip took me about 20 hours when I did that seven years ago.  Just don't try and take it all at once, OK?

pocho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »
If it only took you 20 hours from Provo, that gives me some hope.  I'm coming from Logan. 

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:58 PM »
If it only took you 20 hours from Provo, that gives me some hope.  I'm coming from Logan. 

We did it in a 2-day trip.  Its been too long to remember the whole trip.  I think we went SE from Provo to New Mexico.  Looking at the Yahoo maps that was probably 191.  We went through Albequerque and then headed east to Amarillo.  From Amarillo we went to Dallas-Ft. Worth where we caught I-35 south to Austin.

If you do head through the Dallas area, remember one thing.  Choose I35W, not I35E.  Going through Fort Worth tends to be quicker than going through Dallas.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 05:35:38 PM »

I did a similar distance to move to Austin from NY. It's not so bad as long as you keep reminding yourself that once you get here and get unpacked you don't have to do it again for at least three years.

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:23:23 AM »
Just packed our truck last night -- looking at roughly a 20-24 hour drive next week. We've moved a TON over the last ten years, and I've heard that 5 moves is the equivalent of a house fire, in the damage it does to your stuff. I do like the unpacking and moving in, though.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:58:21 PM »
After 3 days I am nearly done packing. If I had to pack anymore, I would promptly put a blindfold on and play in heavy traffic.
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »
WooHoo!  That was one advantage of going to UT instead of the other places.  I don't have to pack at all.  Now if I get really lucky with my summers, I may not even have to pack for them.