Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarship Letters?  (Read 3590 times)

Heresy

• View Profile
Re: Scholarship Letters?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 10:17:46 AM »
It's entirely possible. I am an admitted sock-mutilator. I have the smallest feet in the world, and socks are always too large, so I take my scissors to them with reckless abandon.

Who knew that footwear karma could extend its power into the realm of law school?

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »
Has anyone not yet received the letter with thank you note info? I live in Houston, and it seems most of the other Houstonians have.

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
Has anyone not yet received the letter with thank you note info? I live in Houston, and it seems most of the other Houstonians have.

I just received my other one yesterday;  maybe it will come today.

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 03:58:51 PM »
Or double that bad boy!!!

(vriiight!)

LonghornDUG

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 05:06:22 PM »
So does everybody have the same donor?  What's the story on that?

LonghornDUG

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 05:42:57 PM »
mine is Dean Sager and is the 'School of Law Scholarship'... so obviously I should make mine rather personal :D

Same here...and that's exactly what I was getting at.  I'm going to make sure mine is extra nice!

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:47 PM »
Wow I just had one of the most ridiculous convos with the financial aid office about my letter's whereabouts. The lady basically said that mine went out last week, (and yelled to someone in the office, "HOLD UP I"M ON THE PHONE,") but she's "sent over 600 letters" so she will just keep her eyes open for a "return to sender" letter w/ my name on it. I asked her to make sure that my permanent address was the one used, and she said she will look into it later.  >:( Wow.

Jennifer17

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 09:01:54 AM »
Wow I just had one of the most ridiculous convos with the financial aid office about my letter's whereabouts. The lady basically said that mine went out last week, (and yelled to someone in the office, "HOLD UP I"M ON THE PHONE,") but she's "sent over 600 letters" so she will just keep her eyes open for a "return to sender" letter w/ my name on it. I asked her to make sure that my permanent address was the one used, and she said she will look into it later.  >:( Wow.

Catz-
My experience with the financial aid office is that you have to be pretty assertive with them to get things done.  Maybe you should ask them to send you an electronic version. With over 600 letters, at least one of them was bound to get lost...