Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperdine transfer v. another so.cal school  (Read 1188 times)

lawlifer01

• View Profile
    • Email
Pepperdine transfer v. another so.cal school
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:04:29 PM »
So I finally have been accepted to Pepperdine as a 2L.  What to do?  While the School I go to is lower ranked, and less known, I love it here.  I did very well academically and this upcoming year have been offered to be the TA for two classes, invited onto Law Review and the other Journal and most importantly, I know all of the students who are great friends!

So I wonder, is giving up all of this worth it for a transfer to the gorgeous school of Pepperdine?  I would have to start over - friends, no law review, have to work to figure out the profs etc. can't put TA on my resumes....

I think I know what i'm going to do - just wanted to throw the question out there!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pepperdine transfer v. another so.cal school
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
So I finally have been accepted to Pepperdine as a 2L.  What to do?  While the School I go to is lower ranked, and less known, I love it here.  I did very well academically and this upcoming year have been offered to be the TA for two classes, invited onto Law Review and the other Journal and most importantly, I know all of the students who are great friends!

So I wonder, is giving up all of this worth it for a transfer to the gorgeous school of Pepperdine?  I would have to start over - friends, no law review, have to work to figure out the profs etc. can't put TA on my resumes....

I think I know what i'm going to do - just wanted to throw the question out there!

Can I ask which school you transferred from? If you don't feel comfortable posting it here, would you mind PM'ing it to me? I think I'd have better advice for you if I knew exactly which other so cal law school you were coming from.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »
I PM'ed you back with my advice. Good luck. :)

fittimeformedschool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »
What school are you thinking of leaving? PM me.

misslori

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 09:43:15 PM »
hey, i'm hoping to transfer from a not so well-known school either.  where are you transferring from?  pm me if you feel like it.  thanks.

burberry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 03:47:35 PM »
So what did you end up deciding? Just curious...

lawlifer01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »
Still have not decided although today is my last day - tough choice....win / win though!