Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You should all live in fear...  (Read 2521 times)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
Re: You should all live in fear...
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 05:15:35 PM »
Assuming I drink something with ice in it.  I actually prefer (red) wine to just about any other form of alcohol, though the relative expense/unpopularity of it usually means that what gets poured at these mass imbibings is plonk.  :'(

But for that there are clues as well, most notably the stained lips and teeth of someone who has been enjoying red wine all evening.

Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
Maybe I'll follow Felsen's lead and pass all my drinks to Nix, he seems like he can hold his liquor and then some.     

Practice makes perfect ;)
Carlos Cadena Society

pocho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »

Very well put, you've made it known you like your alcohol, and who are we to deny you that?  ;)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »

Very well put, you've made it known you like your alcohol, and who are we to deny you that?  ;)

It's the ultimate social lubricant.

Plus, steak doesn't taste right without red wine the same for fish and white wine.

Oh yeah, cigars and bourbon go together quite nice  ;D
Carlos Cadena Society

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 07:18:33 PM »
Assuming I drink something with ice in it.  I actually prefer (red) wine to just about any other form of alcohol, though the relative expense/unpopularity of it usually means that what gets poured at these mass imbibings is plonk.  :'(

But for that there are clues as well, most notably the stained lips and teeth of someone who has been enjoying red wine all evening.

Ah... the telltale purple smile as we call it in my family.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »
I missed wine like crazy when I was pregnant, and wished for some kind of O'Douls corollary that actually tasted good.  I hear there are some now.  Well, except for the tasting good part. 

And lots of things go well with bourbon.  I may not be able to drink a whole lot without feeling ill nowadays, but I do dearly love all sorts of intoxicating beverages.

Interesting you mention that pregnancy thing ... yesterday on my favorite radio show they had a 30 minute argument about whether women could drink at all during pregnancy, if so what trimester they could, and what they could drink. Several times I heard it was OK to drink red wine during the third trimester.

Bourbon is the balls  ;D
Carlos Cadena Society

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 01:00:02 AM »
Drinking and pregnancy all depends on what your goal is.  If you want to minimize birth defects and health problems, then you don't drink while pregnant nor when you are trying (or not actively preventing) pregnancy.  The risks are smaller in the first Trimester, but still existant.  For that matter, I'm pretty sure that alcohol impairs sperm as well, so to minimize the bad chances he shouldn't drink during the trying phase either.

Otherwise, third trimester is definitely too late.  Most doctors would probably recommend stopping by the second trimester.

It is all a sliding scale of risk.  One drink might not lower your child's LSAT score, but one per day would forever doom him to T4 schools.  ;)

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
I contend exactly the opposite.  Drink to excess whenever coitus seems imminent, to forstall any possible pregnancy.

That definitely makes sense.

Definitely.

The irony in that plan is that what will probably prevent pregnancy is not your drunkified swimmers, but rather your inability to get them anywhere near a uterus.
Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
Well isn't that the point entirely?  I'm trying to save myself from the shackles of child support here. 

Negative. I want to have my cake and eat it to.
Carlos Cadena Society