• Champions!
    • View Profile
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »
The University of Texas School of Law, Class of 2009

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Student IDs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:51:06 AM »
I believe the first 30 minutes being free is true for all the garages.  At least it seems odd to have it that way at several of them but not all.  It holds true for San Jacinto as well.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:06:28 PM »
BTW, I don't know if this is true year-round or for all garages, but the first 30 minutes of parking is free in the Brazos garage on MLK, next to the Blanton Museum.  I was able to park there, get to FAC and back within that window, though again, this might not work out Monday-Wednesday.
When did they move it to the FAC? When I was in undergrad it was in the Student Services Building (SSB); and I graduated in '05, so it's not like I'm some old coot.

That is true for all garages - as long as space is available. That also includes the Speedway Garage and 27th Street Garage - both of which are closer to the FAC.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:21:20 PM »
BTW, I don't know if this is true year-round or for all garages, but the first 30 minutes of parking is free in the Brazos garage on MLK, next to the Blanton Museum.

So it looks like I will only be able to attend class 30 minutes at a time.
Carlos Cadena Society

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »
Good to know-- so does this mean that we will be able to use the gym as soon as we get our IDs? LonghornDUG and I are going to Atx tomorrow for the weekend, so I wonder if we will be able to get IDs made Friday afternoon.

catz4885

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:18:37 PM »
Yes, he told me that he talked to you about them. We will get them TONIGHT. HOOK 'EM

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 03:40:41 PM »
Hmmm...  Student IDs.  What places give student discounts?  Maybe I'll plan on doing that on the 1st when I make a trip to campus.