Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone attempting a transfer to Buffalo?  (Read 1813 times)

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone attempting a transfer to Buffalo?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »
I really wouldn't worry.  I think that when medical conditions are concerned they weigh heavily as a reason to transfer because they want to make sure you're not just transferring for an increase in rank. I know i have a friend that applied as a transfer to Buffalo and still hasn't heard either, so I think they just have no made their decision yet. Good Luck!
I love my philly phanatic :)

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
If you are in the top 1/3 of your class I think you have a VERY GOOD chance. I would put money on it, in fact.

Assuming you are at least in the top 1/2 of your class (with the compelling medical reasons) I would think that you have a GOOD chance of getting in.

Did you apply to either of the T3/4 upstate NY schools too... Albany, Syracuse?
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 05:44:56 PM »
Thanks for your replies! I did not apply to albany or syracuse because I can't afford either one of them. I am in the top 50 in my class for sure.

biolawgirl:  Buffalo told me they have begun making decisions as of Monday. All decisions should be out within two weeks. What is your friend's situation? What school is he/she coming in from?

I will keep everyone posted!

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »
hmm.. i haven't heard from my friend in a couple days...last I spoke to her was on Sat and she hadn't heard, but I'll let you know if I do.  She's coming from Syracuse (which is where I go :) ). 
I love my philly phanatic :)

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »
what a small world! i went to SU for undergrad. i was rejected for their law school. besides buffalo, SU was my number 1 choice. why does your friend want to leave SU? what other reason would you need besides $30,000 less for tuition!! :-)