Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS CDs or One Day Program?  (Read 997 times)

brownsfan05

• View Profile
LEEWS CDs or One Day Program?
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »
I've heard nothing but good things about LEEWS, so I definately want to get involved when I'm a 1L.  Do you think the one day program or the CDs are better?  Who here has tried either (or both)?  Thanks.

legallyliz

• View Profile
Re: LEEWS CDs or One Day Program?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »
i've also heard nothing but great things about LEEWS.  I bought the tape version from ebay recently, I didn't know that they came out with the CD version until afterward my purchase.  does anyone have the CD version that they'd like to share or sell?  :)

Douglas Frazey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
I'll speak for the CD/tape version: 

I thought LEEWS was helpful, but it suffered from chronic verbal overpackaging.  What could have easily been imparted to me on one casette took something like six.  I like using his systematic approach to exams, which I believe has improved my performance in my classes.  It's just that his presentation style is incredibly tedious.  If his live presentation is anything like those tapes, I'd hate to have to sit through it.

"Perhaps, when your exam is administered, you find yourself craving pancakes.  Perhaps you wonder why.  Waffles are darn tasty.  Perhaps you're wondering why you would crave pancakes instead of waffles.  Is that a normal response to a law school exam?  What would your professor think of that?  Do you worry about how this might affect your grades, or your chance to score that all-important clerkship?  By now, the students in my live program are leaving, with angry looks on their faces..."

I exaggerate but slightly.  If you get the CD, skip forward liberally.  The time you save will be your own.   ;)

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »
I'll speak for the CD/tape version: 

I thought LEEWS was helpful, but it suffered from chronic verbal overpackaging.  What could have easily been imparted to me on one casette took something like six.  I like using his systematic approach to exams, which I believe has improved my performance in my classes.  It's just that his presentation style is incredibly tedious.  If his live presentation is anything like those tapes, I'd hate to have to sit through it.

"Perhaps, when your exam is administered, you find yourself craving pancakes.  Perhaps you wonder why.  Waffles are darn tasty.  Perhaps you're wondering why you would crave pancakes instead of waffles.  Is that a normal response to a law school exam?  What would your professor think of that?  Do you worry about how this might affect your grades, or your chance to score that all-important clerkship?  By now, the students in my live program are leaving, with angry looks on their faces..."

I exaggerate but slightly.  If you get the CD, skip forward liberally.  The time you save will be your own.   ;)

Did you work on the CD program before 1L or before finals or both?

Douglas Frazey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »
I used it just before finals of my second term, 1L--I wasn't satisfied with my first-term grades, so I bought LEEWS on the off chance that it would help.  I did much better my second-term, which I believe is due in part to LEEWS.  Even just having the "plan of attack" he describes helped me feel calmer before and during my tests.  I feel like a shill saying this, but LEEWS helped me "get it".  I just wish the guy wasn't so long-winded!