Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thinkpads- educational price  (Read 3187 times)

lawx

• View Profile
Thinkpads- educational price
« on: July 10, 2006, 04:33:34 PM »
Ive been trying to get a thinkpad from lenovo since they had really good educational prices. However they need a purchase order # from Widener and currently widener stated that they dont have something like this in place for students.

Has anyone run into this problem?

otherwise i have to pay $500 or so more for the laptop if i just purchase with my credit card..

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thinkpads- educational price
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
My guess is that Lennovo is talking about educational discounts for institutions - ie, if Widener would buy the laptops they'd get that sort of price.  The fact that Lennovo requires a purchase order # sounds like they are offering this deal only to academic institutions, not students.  I know that Dell has a deal with Widener although I can tell you that you should be able to get some great deals from retail as the back to school boom is drawing near.

lawx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03:50 AM »
ive spoken to IBM- Basically they offer educational prices on their laptops to certain institutions, Widener being one of them. This is totally free, all widener has to do is provide PO #'s for their students and they can get the price.

I was told many other schools do this very exact thing. My rep is going to try to contact widener about this. I only know of one other person that has contacted widener about this.

Just thought id put this out there in case anyone is thinking of getting a thinkpad, im sure widener would work something out if more people call in.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »
ive spoken to IBM- Basically they offer educational prices on their laptops to certain institutions, Widener being one of them. This is totally free, all widener has to do is provide PO #'s for their students and they can get the price.

I was told many other schools do this very exact thing. My rep is going to try to contact widener about this. I only know of one other person that has contacted widener about this.

Just thought id put this out there in case anyone is thinking of getting a thinkpad, im sure widener would work something out if more people call in.

I got a gateway, and they didnt need any special info.  The new ones are better than the thinkpads, just a thought

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 11:29:31 AM »
Laptops are a waste. I made the mistake of buying into the hype and buying a laptop (thinkpad) with all the fixins. I ended up using IM and spending more time on the internet than I did typing notes. Then, when I got to 2nd year, most of the profs did not allow laptops into class, for that very reason. Save your money.