Law School Discussion

Is Law School Worth It?

Re: Is Law School Worth It?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »
I went to law school because I was bored. I went through the whole process of studying and taking the LSAT, applying to all of one school (PT, evening division), and waiting.

The good news was that I didn't care if I got accepted or not - I already have a great job and getting in or not getting in wasn't going to ruin my life either way. Certainly lessened my LSAT stress on the day of the test.

Anyway, I got accepted to the T1 I applied to (which, luckily, was in my area) and went to LS at night. Well...for about 1-1/2 semesters, anyway.

My job offered me a transfer with a promotion and I couldn't turn it down.

Overall, I really enjoyed law school. It was more challenging and more work than I ever expected. I can truly say that I wasn't bored during the time I was taking classes.

There's no evening program near me now, since I have transferred with my job. Even though it was a hellish amount of work (on top of a 40+ hour a week job and a family), I wouldn't hesitate to go back if an evening program opened up near me.

I wasn't doing it for the money or prestige. Chances are that I'll make more money staying where I'm at than if I took a job as an attorney (plus I really like my job). I was just bored. I think that is certainly a valid reason to undergo any additional educational challenge. Never stop learning.

Yes...I know. I'm a complete tool. No need for anybody else to say it. :)

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »

[...] or maybe because you don't want to dig ditches or work for the carnival, but not for money...

Sometimes you are really funny (and frighteningly truthful), jason! 

I can't help that I've dug ditches and worked for the carnival...

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »
Listen you @ # ! * i n g carnie, then, go for the law school muthafuckin' thing, become a piece of a superstar (supersucking) lawyer in this muthafuckin' country and keep alive the anti-intellectual streak of it!

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »
Law school is a gamble. If you end up in the top 20% or better of your class there is a good chance you can make six digits when you graduate. However, anything below that and you will probably end up making 65K or less. It just depends on if you are willing to take the risk. Do better than 80% of your class and you will be happy you went.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 11:00:29 AM »
Listen you @ # ! * i n g carnie, then, go for the law school muthaf**ckin' thing, become a piece of a superstar (supersucking) lawyer in this muthaf**ckin' country and keep alive the anti-intellectual streak of it!

meh?

Did someone write this while sippin' on a Mickey's?