Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any word on football tickets?  (Read 5301 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: Any word on football tickets?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 06:02:04 PM »
i heard they put your name on the tickets and you needed your student ID w/ you.  Not sure about guest / spouse tickets though.
Yes, and they scan the tickets. At least they were trying to implement it last year, but it wasn't all student tickets. Supposedly, they've worked out the kinks and will be scanning all student tickets this year.

Is it stricktly verboten to re-sell tickets?  Like, could y'all's friends buy my A&M and Ohio tickets since it's not remotely important to me to go to those big games?
It hasn't been in the past, but the print at home system would seem to negate the possibility of doing that for your personal student tickets. However, spouse tickets are not print at home, as far as I know, you have to pick them up at the ticket office prior to the season. Those should be possible to sell.

Guest tickets were the same way in the past, but I hear tell that they will be print at home as well. I'm not sure how that is going to work.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 09:50:07 PM »
I bought my tickets last night, but I haven't bought the LASP yet. That's kosher, right? I can buy it later this summer?

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 10:24:49 PM »
I bought my tickets last night, but I haven't bought the LASP yet. That's kosher, right? I can buy it later this summer?
You have to buy it before they'll process your tickets. You'll probably get an email or a phone call shortly after July 28th saying you need to purchase the LASP or they won't honor your student season ticket request.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »
I have heard that they don't charge your credit until the last day -- but I'm not 100%.

I also heard you should not wait until the last day to order tickets because the system runs really slowly.

I assume if we are all in the same group, we will sit together (as long as we buy ticekts before the deadline).

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 06:36:16 PM »
Okay, so I'm at the purchase option for the tickets.  Help me out with something.  Do I buy a Guest Season Ticket or LASP ticket?  (I'm guessing the latter)

Next, what's the seating preference?  East upper deck or East lower deck?

LASP: Mandatory.

Guest Season Ticket: Only if you want to have 2 tickets instead of 1, but that option ads $365 to your prices.

Seating preference: East lower deck.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »
Okay, so I'm at the purchase option for the tickets.  Help me out with something.  Do I buy a Guest Season Ticket or LASP ticket?  (I'm guessing the latter)

Next, what's the seating preference?  East upper deck or East lower deck?

LASP: Mandatory.

Guest Season Ticket: Only if you want to have 2 tickets instead of 1, but that option ads $365 to your prices.

Seating preference: East lower deck.

I am so confused, my buddy told me that I have to buy the LASP AND then tickets. When I checked out I had one LASP and one guest ticket. What do I have in terms of tickets?
Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2006, 04:00:07 AM »
You can buy the tickets first as long as you get the LASP at some point.  I just finalized purchase of both the LASP and the Season tickets via the UT Athletics site (from the email).  Guest tickets are only if you want season tickets for someone else (wife, SO, non-UT student roommate, etc).

Then why weren't those an option when I was checking out with my 1 LASP and 1 guest pass.

Way to make it vague UT!
Carlos Cadena Society

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
OK, I dropped another $150 on the LASP and the OU ticket.
Carlos Cadena Society