Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any word on football tickets?  (Read 5482 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: Any word on football tickets?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 02:09:06 PM »
do we have to join the group again for the UT/OU game, or not?
You don't have to, but if you do you'll get seated with people you already know, if not you'll be thrown into the wilderness that is the Cotton Bowl on OU weekend. I've done both, and had no problems either way. It's all about personal preference.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 11:25:35 AM »
do we have to join the group again for the UT/OU game, or not?
You don't have to, but if you do you'll get seated with people you already know, if not you'll be thrown into the wilderness that is the Cotton Bowl on OU weekend. I've done both, and had no problems either way. It's all about personal preference.

So then you have to get assigned seating?  Here I thought it'd be like my alma mater, where there was the "student section" of first come first serve.  Bollocks.

But at least then you don't have to show up six hours early for a game! I went to Syracuse and during basketball season we lined up at least six hours before every home game to get good seats in the student section. And our tickets were WAAAAAAY overpriced! Tickets for mens basketball only were almost $200 and we didn't get tickets to any away games. I think the system here is so much more efficient and student friendly!

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »
But at least then you don't have to show up six hours early for a game! I went to Syracuse and during basketball season we lined up at least six hours before every home game to get good seats in the student section. And our tickets were WAAAAAAY overpriced! Tickets for mens basketball only were almost $200 and we didn't get tickets to any away games. I think the system here is so much more efficient and student friendly!
It actually is like that for basketball games.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »
At the get-together last Saturday, someone mentioned that UT has a spousal pass program for the LASP and football package that is much cheaper than the guest ticket version.  They said you have to call the ticket office folks to find more about it.  I've not done that yet, as we still have to decide if my wife will come along with me or not.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
Does anyone know what is allowed by spouse?

Could I <cough> use my <cough> spouse ticket for a friend and save money on the guest pass?

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
my thoughts exactly..

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »
Anyway, somebody here (I think it was Hornian) suggested that if I just want to go to a single game with my husband (so that I can say we've been to one) I should just buy tickets on the street for the Sam Houston State game.   Does that still sound like a good idea?

I really don't want to mess with trying to sell tickets we won't use and I just tallied the cost of babysitting to the cost of the tickets and am not very excited about what I'm seeing.
If you jsut want one game, that's the one that will have the most tickets for sale, I gurantee it. And further, I gurantee that you won't even pay face value (which is $45 for Sam Houston State).

However, if you want to go to more than one game, student season tickets cost just a little bit more than face value for 1 game: $60 for 6 games versus $50 - $85 face value for tickets to a single game(not counting the $70 for a LASP). And a spouse pass isn't much more.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
Unfortunately -- my friend only wants to go to 1 game -- A&M.

That ticket might cost more than face on the street...

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »
So the complete story --

My friend is strongly considering buying the full guest pass -- but his wife is an Aggie.  So in addition to the tickets for both of us at the A&M game, he wants a ticket for her as well. It's not worth buying to complete guest passes just to go to the A&M game..

I can't wait till the OSU game... it'll be interseting this year without Vince..

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »
So according to hornian - the actual student tickets are hard to transfer -- because they scan the student ID and along with the ticket..

but i'm not sure about spouse tickets or guest tickets -- those might be sellable/transferable

anyone know?