Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any word on football tickets?  (Read 5237 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: Any word on football tickets?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 10:04:20 PM »
Many, many thanks for setting up the group.  I can't wait 'til the OSU game!

One question, does having a very large group of grad students (assuming noone invites underclassmen)  adversely affect where our seats might be?

Also, since the tickets are printed -- if you don't or can't go to a game to your tickets just go to waste?  Is there no way to give them to anyone?

To your first question, it is quite the opposite. The larger groups get seated better. It is easier for the ticket office to seat the large groups fist, and then "fill in" with smaller groups. As long as we are all Grad Students or Seniors (they wouldn't affect our status, though I don't know how seniors would get the group name and password), our seats should be pretty good. Just make sure that you select lower level east side, though if you're in a group I don't think it matters.

As to your second question, I assume so. In the past they were just regular tickets, but that is not the case any longer, so I can' imagine that you could give them to someone else - unless you find someone who looks like you and you give them your ID.

lil kat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 10:26:45 AM »
grrr, why haven't i gotten this e-mail yet??  >:(

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 11:01:31 AM »
grrr, why haven't i gotten this e-mail yet??  >:(

i'm just guessing here, but have you submitted your letter of intent and passport picture?

lil kat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 11:04:06 AM »
yeah, all my stuff is in...

i just saw a post on the official board though:

"I regret to tell you that the e-mail in question is from UT Athletics not from the Law School. Any registered student may purchase tickets at this time but incoming 1Ls cannot, you must be a registered student to purchase tickets. Our entering 1Ls will be registered a week before Orientation by our Law School Staff."

so i guess this means only ppl who were ut undergrads can get tix?

VERY ANGRY right now  >:( >:( >:(

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »
That post did not make sense to me.  I was not a UT undergrad and still got the e-mail.  I also know people in the business grad school that were not UT undergrads that got the e-mail.

I can't make sense of that post at all.  I know several 1Ls that got tickets last year and the year before...

I would call the ticket office?  Not really sure..

margee

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 11:22:17 AM »
I think it just means that you can't buy them until you're a registered student (i.e. a week before school starts)

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »
That makes sense -- but it seems to imply that 1Ls would not be able to buy season tickets since those have to be reserved by July 28.

Is lil kat the only one without an e-mail?  If there are others, maybe they are sending them in batches?

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:26 PM »
Monica is not correct about only registered students being able to purchase tickets. Even though I did my undergrad at UT, I wasn't a registered student last year so that would seem to preclude me from her list. Not to mention there are people who are coming from completely different undergrad institutions who already have gotten the email (I've spoken to a number of them who were confused by the system).

Texas Box Office and the Athletics Office (Bellmont) are notorious for screwing things up when it comes to student season tickets, which is one reason I was apprehensive about the whole process. Something happened between the law school giving Bellmont the list of people who have turned in their letters of intent and this email going out. I don't know who's to blame, but I suggest taking matters into your own hands if you have yet to receive the email. You can call Bellmont (don't call Texas Box Office, they are useless) at (800) 982-BEVO or (512) 471-3333 and explain your situation. You may have to hold for awhile, but be persistent and you should get it sorted out.

Nixlimited

• Sr. Citizen
  • Carlos Cadena Society
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »
I got the email and I signed up as part of the UTLaw2009 group.
Carlos Cadena Society

lil kat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »
thanks for all the advice!  i have no idea how i got left out of the e-mail, but i called and managed to get it all sorted out with the box office so i'm all set now  :)  so excited!