Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rafting Trip  (Read 4190 times)

double_ugh

• View Profile
Rafting Trip
« on: June 28, 2006, 06:30:41 PM »
Anyone going on the trip?

gibbsale

• View Profile
Re: Rafting Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:44:34 PM »
Are you talking about the one before classes start or the one that takes place a couple of weeks in?

double_ugh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:36:50 PM »
the one before. there's one that takes place after?

gibbsale

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:56:25 PM »
Yeah, they have a rafting trip two or three weeks into the semester. Significantly cheaper, it costs about 20 bucks to register, a bus takes you from campus (or you can drive on your own), on a Saturday. Basically it is an excuse to drink during the day. I went and hated it (but I was sober, which was a bad plan). And it is not really "rafting" in any competitive sense. You just float, lazily, in a raft.

You do get a lot of sun, though. One thing central California is known for in the summer. I did not consider doing the trip before classes, because I had to move across the continent and get situated. I know a couple of people who are participating this year, though.

double_ugh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
crap. debating about whether i should back out of this one then. wanted to meet new people before school started, but at the same time, i'm so lazy.

gibbsale

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 04:54:36 AM »
You will meet plenty of people, especially 1Ls. I would suggest conserving time, energy and money by doing the second raft "race" and taking advantage of the orientation activities at the start of the year.

the clash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 11:10:36 PM »
I would highly recommend going on this trip, I went last year and will be going again this year. The downside is obviously the cost. But it's a great opportunity to meet 2Ls and students in other sections who you otherwise would probably never meet. I got a lot of really good advice from highly-ranked 2Ls. Also, the rapids were really good, and at the end of the day we had kegs at the campsite. It is the last fun thing you will do for a while, so if you have the cash, you should go.

Oh, and I'd also recommend going to the raft race, it was a lot of fun and another good opportunity to meet people outside your section.

Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 02:04:53 PM »
Going on both trips. Can't wait. Anyone living on campus?