Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boring, Typically Girl Inspired Thread  (Read 1456 times)

margee

Boring, Typically Girl Inspired Thread
« on: June 28, 2006, 06:16:08 PM »
Pets anyone?

I just recently took in a cat (friend was having to give him away), and he's fabulous.  I don't have a picture, but he looks something like this:

He's really really big, too.  I measured him a couple of nights ago, and he's just at 2' from nose to bum without streaching out.  His tail is just over a foot long.  I have to kind of sling him over my shoulder when I hold him - he's like the size of a 2 year old.

and he likes to lay like this

simone

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
Re: Boring, Typically Girl Inspired Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »
I have two kitties... a smaller black cat named Luna who is 6 or 7 years old and my baby, Miette, who is 2 years old and a fatass. Both of them are crazy though. They've taught each other great tricks like shaking the door (if it's closed) and taping my face when I'm sleeping.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:25:47 PM »
Two dogs. Kaci, a 4.5 year old German Shorthair female who I've had for 3 years; and Kona, and 8-year old Weimaraner that I adopted 2 months ago (his original owner was killed in a car accident and I took him in). And honestly, having 2 dogs is easier than having one. The only down side is that I buy food every week instead of every other week, and I have to clean out the backyard twice as fast.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »
I have a Persian cat named John Adams (who only responds to his nickname "Gizmo") and a Bedlington Terrier named Perry who usually answers to "No!".

I don't know how to make this pic show up on this site, so here's a link:

http://texas82.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b339b085844d&auto=0&m=1&d=1151549245591

Gizmo will be coming with me to Austin, but Perry will be staying at home in Florida.

Tony, to give you a bit of hope, my tuxedo cat, Pepper, was diagnosed with renal failure years ago and lived a happy life well into her golden years, finally leaving us after 17 wonderful years. I hope your cat does as well with the IV treatment as Pepper did. She was on it for years and never liked it, but she tolerated it gracefully. Pepper and our other lost pets had great lives, but I miss them a lot. (I still keep pictures of them by my bed. Yes I'm a dork.)

I'm excited to take Gizmo with me to Austin. He's lived with my mother for the last four years while I was an undergrad.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 11:10:49 PM »
Hornian, your doggies are beautiful.
I'll let them know that they have another admirer. It's a lot easier to do so when you don't live with them - I spent close to $1000 and the better part of a week two months ago putting in a new fence that they can't jump over, but it was worth it for them to be able to wear themselves out outside while I'm gone.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »
I'm cat free!  And dog free!  Instead, my children have a veritable zoo of stuffed animals.  We do have birds, kind of.  I got tired of knocking down their nests from my porch.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:36:01 AM »
I have a little jack russell terrier/chihuahua mix that my little sister and brother found dirty and hungry running on the streets of our hometown a few months back. His face is all chihuahua but his coloring, demeanor and energy level are all Jack Russell. My sister was studying spanish at the time and decided that since he was a "pretty boy" in her mind that she would name him Chico Bonito. He didn't get along with my mom's two cats so he had to find a new home and that ended up being with me. Unfortunately he is a stubborn little dog and no amount of effort could change his name. Luckily, he does get along with other dogs so we're looking to get him a larger puppy friend really soon. He's the first small dog I've ever had and it is hard to get used to having a 9 pounder when my previous dog Bud was a 200 pound rottweiler.

Since I can't get an image to embed itself here, here's a link: http://utexas.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30955718&id=5503978