Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Austin Get-Together on 8. July 2006 Zilker Hillside 6PM.  (Read 1162 times)

Felsen

• View Profile
Austin Get-Together on 8. July 2006 Zilker Hillside 6PM.
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:10:49 PM »
Anyone interested in an Austin get together?  I was looking for things to do, and I noticed that the Zilker summer musical is upon us:

http://www.zilker.org/index.html

The first night of productions in on 8. July (Saturday), and it runs for a couple weeks.  You can typically go in and lay down a spot with a blanket starting at 6PM, and the shows start a couple hours later, so there's time to chat such.

That's two weeks out.  The acting isn't always the best, but it is cheap and something you can bring the whole family to do, since many here in Austin have families.

hornian

• View Profile
Re: Austin Get-Together...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »
I don't have a family, can I still come?

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Austin Get-Together...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »
I don't have a family, can I still come?

Yes, you can come solo.

If you have a family and don't want to bring them, you can still come too.

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Austin Get-Together on 8. July 2006 Zilker Hillside 6PM.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »
Bumping this to make sure folks who are here in town, or willing to make the day trip to Austin know it is happening.  This is next week Saturday.

Seating and attendance is free.  I'd suggest bringing a blanket or lawn chair to sit on.  They typically ask for donations at intermission or sell T-shirts and concessions if you want to help support them.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »
I further suggest that we have a happy hour beforehand. I have already made posts to this effect on both the Freshlaw and Facebook message boards, but for those who don't frequent either of those forums the happy hour is currently scheduled for Saturday the 8th at El Chile on Manor. We could follow one another or even carpool if you are comfortable enough over to the park after the happy hour.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
Yeah, so y'all get to have your drinks and still make it to the musical.  Make sure to prod them folks to come on over instead of drinking all night.  :)

I'll be meeting ya at the musical.  I don't drink, so very rarely visit bars.  I'll also be bringing my family so they can enjoy the musical, and I think bars frown upon admitting toddlers.  :)

For anyone who is not quite sure how to get there, here's my best description of how to get there.  Take MoPac south.  Just after you cross the bridge over the river there will be a sign for the Zilker Park exit.  Take the exit and use the turnaround lane to get on the access road heading back to the north.  Follow the access road as it bends to the right.  At the large curve you'll pass by Zilker Botanical Gardens.  Follow the road a bit more and you'll see a bunch of parking on the right side, that's the area you want to be in.  There is some playground equipment near one of the parking lots.  The musical is up on the hill overlooking the stage.

You'll want to bring a blanket or a lawn chair on which to sit, else you'll be sitting on the grass.  I'll be getting there about 6PM and I'll try to have a sign with "UT 0L" written on it so folks can congregate.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:22:17 PM »
This sounds like a blast -- but I'll be in Houston for the weekend.  Have fun!!