• Champions!
    • View Profile
« on: June 23, 2006, 11:52:23 AM »
The University of Texas School of Law, Class of 2009

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Exams
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
I was hoping for some tougher questions.  Any way we can test out of some of the classes?  ;)

Oh, we're supposed to actually provide legal references and not just say how society should really be?  Nevermind, I'll go to class then.

margee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:04:47 PM »
I would just like to go on record as saying that I will share, help, and generally be a nice fellow student throughout LS.  I'm all about the quality of life, and mean-spiritedness does not improve my quality of life  >:(

Actually, I almost chose UH over UT because I thought UT would be lousy with competitive (read: mean) students.  But then I visited and decided that, while there will undoubtedly be a few jerks, the student body seems a nice enough crowd.

So, I'll be happy to share my notes

... though I doubt they'll be much help to you :D

margee

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:53:23 PM »
yeah, but that means that if you were a 25% and under, you're gonna be stuck with a buncha geniuses.  Not saying that I'm an idiot, but it's something to worry about.

Besides, I actually stopped for a second to ponder whether the plural of genius is genii...

[<--future unemployed lawyer, clearly....]

LOL

Am I the only person who hasn't really thought about the curve at all?

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 02:01:42 PM »
Probably, Margee.  I've thought about it.  I've also wondered how they're going to separate the classes.  I wonder if I'm going to take up one of the "smart kid" allocations, or one of the normal Joes.  I think I'm going to be a normal Joe.

margee

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »

you don't have to think about it if you're at the high end of it all the time :P

::)

Who started this myth about me being at the top? :D

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 02:05:17 PM »
you don't have to think about it if you're at the high end of it all the time :P

::)

Who started this myth about me being at the top? :D

I don't know, but it looks like it has taken on a life of its own.  Didn't you admit to being one of those smart kids who got a scholarship?  :)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »
I don't know, but it looks like it has taken on a life of its own. 

Just like you're the class gunner.  But wait, we actually have evidence to that effect ;)

See, if we just keep repeating these assertions, they become functionally indistinguishable from truth.

Aye, and it can fit as long as the gunner doesn't have to be a smart kid.  But who cares if the stupid kid wants to be a gunner, as long as I keep my mouth shut in class.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
Unfortunately, there is still a whole lot of resources and information on the websites that are forbidden to us.  We can't access hardly anything from Career Services yet.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 04:26:39 PM »
They won't even let us access the system till we can start applying?  How're we supposed to read their great articles on resume and cover letter writing?  I'm hoping on skipping school on December 1st so I can hand deliver resumes and cover letters to a dozen or more law firms here in town.  If I can't find enough, I'll take off the whole week and blanket Houston and Dallas too.  :)