Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Master To Do Lists  (Read 4281 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: The Master To Do Lists
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 01:01:19 PM »
Where do we get football tickets?
There is quite a long discussion on the "How into the whole UT thing are you?" thread about the process for reserving football tickets.

cozmo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 02:07:45 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply..

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »
If you're going to want to do any printing on the Law School printers, it looks like you'll need to open up a Bevo Bucks account.  That's probably something to consider doing around Orientation time.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 03:06:11 PM »
If you're going to want to do any printing on the Law School printers, it looks like you'll need to open up a Bevo Bucks account.  That's probably something to consider doing around Orientation time.

I think this should be included in our tuition...

The technology page for printing:
http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/tech/clc.html#printing
says you need a Bevo Bucks account to do any printing.  Now through tuition the Law School might be depositing a certain amount in the Bevo account.  We will probably still have to activate the account on our own, though they may provide the necessary instruction during Orientation or in the packet.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 03:20:02 PM »
At the prices they list, I'm probably going to be printing things from home as much as possible, especially if I have to ever print transparencies.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 03:39:06 PM »
I'm guessing that Westlaw and Lexis pay for the support of those printers.  They want to do anything to get you used to using them.

Everyone has heard about the Westlaw and Lexis points, right?  You get points every week for using their systems to make searches which can be redeemd for free stuff.  You are limited by the number of points you can earn each week or so, so you need to start early and keep up to rack up the points.  Too bad their rewards sites are password protected.  I've heard you can get things like iPods, bicycles, gift certificates, etc.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »
I'm guessing that Westlaw and Lexis pay for the support of those printers.  They want to do anything to get you used to using them.

Everyone has heard about the Westlaw and Lexis points, right?  You get points every week for using their systems to make searches which can be redeemd for free stuff.  You are limited by the number of points you can earn each week or so, so you need to start early and keep up to rack up the points.  Too bad their rewards sites are password protected.  I've heard you can get things like iPods, bicycles, gift certificates, etc.
Sweet. Now if they only gave scholarships.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
I've still not decided.  I'll be doing the parking garages (S permit) instead of surface parking (C permit).  I have been considering the Theatre and Dance one, but I can't really find any solid information on what it includes.

pocho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
I wonder if it's the same if you work for the state (read: judicial clerkship).

Then again, if you get one of those rockin' summers in biglaw where they pay $2500/week, I guess you can pay your own health insurance...

I've been working for the federal gov. part time and I get pretty good benefits.  Paid vacations, health insurance, annual leave, sick leave and such, which nobody I know gets in the private sector for just part time.  So maybe there is hope on the state level for health insurance benefits.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 05:46:41 PM »
so what's the lowest parking permit i can get that'll allow me to park on campus (no garage necessary) when i'll be there for late nights? (ie. after dinner if I come back to school to study)

There is the Nighthorn that is nights only.  I think it actually might include all garages and surface parking at night time.  It is only valid at night, though, so you'd have to get to school for classes some other way.