My personal weak spot, though, is the MINI

js

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: On the subject of going fast...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 03:28:05 PM »
OK, here's the scorn:

Car dork!

I just hope my family's cars will last the 3 years of law school, at which point my wife has been promised I will buy her a mini-van.

We were talking at work just last week about what a lawyer's car should be.  There was some debate about whether you would ever be taken seriously at a big firm if you're driving around in a Ford Focus.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:53:59 PM »
I love the mini, the cooper works edition is beautiful. 

for now though my hyundai accent has to last me till at least 2009.  at least the air conditioning works, better than i can say for most cars.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:30:42 PM »
If you want to see something poopy brown, I'll let you change a few diapers.  It is the only way to get the genuine color.  Of course, no two poopy colors are quite the same.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »
Aye, diapers are a nice convenience.  Disposable diapers are even better.  I'm just guessing that doing the diaper-free baby thing works best if the kid is also entirely naked.  I was just talking with a family the other night who were potty-training their kid and said he does fine as long as he's not got anything on his lower half, but even putting a pair of underwear on him will make him forget he's supposed to visit the potty first.

My oldest is still too young for training.  He just hit two, and we've had the potty seat out for 6 months, but haven't been forcing him to use it yet.  He'll ask to sit on the potty as a novelty once a month or so, but not actually do it.  He just likes to sit down and grunt and laugh.  :)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:02:42 PM »
They passed a smoking ban in Austin last year or so.  IIRC, all indoor workplaces need to be smoke-free.  Bars are actually allowed to have smoking, but only if their non-bar receipts don't make up more than like 20% of revenues.  So if a place sells a lot of nachos along with their beers, you can't smoke there.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »
I miss Salt Lick....

I've been here 7 years and never actually made it to that place yet.  I've hit Rudy's, which I love.  I've also hit The County Line (which I hate if ordering their dinners, but the Cadillac Special is good).

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »
Ah, I haven't kept up on it, probably because I don't smoke nor drink.  I just remember that %-food sales issue being a painful point for many bars that actually sold a lot of food back when it was passed.

Yeah, the ban is supposed to be enforced by the establishment.  As I understand it, the police won't mess with you personally if you smoke inside the place, the fines are imposed on the establishment who gets to be responsible for kicking you out when you light up.