Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: QUESTION  (Read 714 times)

Dip827

• View Profile
    • Email
QUESTION
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:51 PM »
ok so i received a conditional acceptance as a transfer, and as i wait for my grades from my previous school i get hit with a C, does that mean the conditional acceptance can be taken away?? please reply sorta stressing this hard

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Re: QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 04:12:24 PM »
What was the condition of your transfer?? Did your GPA go down a lot?? If this your only C and you total GPA is still good. I wouldn't worry that much. You might want to call the school and ask them if this one grade can impact their decision to admit you, I don't think so unless it killed your GPA. But even still ranking is more important than GPA so did it hurt your ranking a lot?? I would call the school, but I would say unless you bombed your classes, you should be ok. That is what a conditional acceptance is, saying they like what they see of you so far, and want to accept you, but still have to wait and see that you didnt' fail second semester. Good luck!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Dip827

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: QUESTION
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
What was the condition of your transfer?? Did your GPA go down a lot?? If this your only C and you total GPA is still good. I wouldn't worry that much. You might want to call the school and ask them if this one grade can impact their decision to admit you, I don't think so unless it killed your GPA. But even still ranking is more important than GPA so did it hurt your ranking a lot?? I would call the school, but I would say unless you bombed your classes, you should be ok. That is what a conditional acceptance is, saying they like what they see of you so far, and want to accept you, but still have to wait and see that you didnt' fail second semester. Good luck!

thanks i emailed the school and they basically said the same thing, i got a C in my 2 credit class but i wasn't expecting that.  thanks for your advice