Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: We're so prestigious  (Read 4678 times)

margee

We're so prestigious
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »
We made the Top 10 Boards:

General Board  17667
Studying and Exam Taking  2856
Transferring  1346
Nashville School of Law  1315
Pointless Arguments  796
Socratic Method  723
U of Texas - Austin  683
Widener U School of Law  528
Distance Education Law Schools  527
1L job search  366

Also, the Top 10 Topics by Replies:

JJ at NSL  211
Torts Quiz  210
Anyone going to Widener DE fall 2005?  191
Class of 2009  142
going to Duquesne  135
INSTITUTIONAL DENIAL ABOUT THE DARK SIDE OF LAW SCHOOL  123
Legal Reasoning  121
If you're going to UT, clap your hands, *clap* *clap*  114
So, where you livin'?  113
Abortion  112

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: We're so prestigious
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:29:19 PM »
You mean we're losing the battle of the boards?   :D

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »
Trying to do my part, so I can get to 50 and start messing with y'all's reputations  ;D

I think someone is getting to you first.  I'm pretty sure you were at 4 earlier today, but you're at 3 now.  I thought mine was higher than 4 last week too.  Even though I know it is worthless, I still don't like the idea of being dinged to the negatives.   :o

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:38:35 PM »
Nope, not covering my tracks.  I just did my first Karma action a second ago.  You're back up to 4, or there for the first time if I'm mistaken.  So you get to do one +/- every 3 hours it seems.  I guess we're still in the realm of dingable to 0 in a day still by a single person.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »
I've been deleting posts here and there to keep my post count down.  I guess I'll keep them here for a while now

Why would you want to keep your post count down?

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 06:27:11 PM »
Paper trails are bad ;)  I don't like putting tons of personal information on here just yet -- I'd rather have people know me in person than judge me by message board posts.

I talk so darn little with new folks and strangers that if I don't talk here on the boards, nobody would get to know me.  I'd just be that guy from the practice class that everyone hopes isn't in their real class.  I'm still wondering if I've overcome that.  :)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 08:12:56 PM »
If you're saying it that way, I think we've established that I'm he.  I'd link which post it was, but we get so off-topic on these threads, I would have to re-read the entire board.

Now, it is possible that there was a similar guy in the other class, but everyone with that reaction seems to be spot sure I'm the one they mean.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »
so did you actually research the other cases you mentioned?

Hmmm...  You may have been in the other class then.  I was in the class with M's for last name.  It was the one about the property owner rigging the bedroom door of the abandoned house with a shotgun.  I spouted off the facts of the case at the start when asked.  I don't think I mentioned any outside cases.  I wasn't THAT perpared for the class.  :)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 10:37:20 PM »
Yeah, maybe that guy was just really excited about starting school.  Or the Austin PSD could have been a second or third law school visit and he'd actually read those cases for the other mock classes.  There are also a few people who went to a year of law school somewhere else, take a break, and then start up again as a 1L.  Someone like that would know a few cases aleady.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »
Hmmm...  You may have been in the other class then.  I was in the class with M's for last name.  It was the one about the property owner rigging the bedroom door of the abandoned house with a shotgun.  I spouted off the facts of the case at the start when asked.  I don't think I mentioned any outside cases.  I wasn't THAT perpared for the class.
So that was you. Heh, I was in that class - last name of P.