Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3670 times)

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: PSA: It's hot.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 12:53:53 PM »
http://www.utrecsports.org/fitwell/fitnessclasses/classdescriptions.php

There is yoga on campus.  It appears to be offered through some sort of Texercise class series.  You do need to pay extra to access the classes.  You can buy a pass for each semester to be allowed into any of certain classes you want.  It appears that there are some additional classes that are not included in the Texercise pass, and have their own fee schedule.

There appear to be some yoga classes offered through the Texercise classes, but you do have to pay the fee.  I think it said the fee for this summer was $60.

margee

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 12:55:41 PM »
Yeah, there are lots of cool classes (including yoga and tai chi) but they're extra >:(

margee

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »
ice-breaker games are cruel and unusual punishment for 90% of people in the world.

glad I'm not the only one

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »
Depending on how much the semester fee is, I'll probably pay it. I need something to do that will clear my mind, reduce stress, and keep me somewhat in shape. I probably won't have the discipline to go swimming regularly; I only run when chased; and I'm not much into lifting. Maybe if I pay a little extra, I'll feel obligated to attend yoga or tai chi.

And hopefully the intramural scene will be happenin', too....
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »
Depending on how much the semester fee is, I'll probably pay it. I need something to do that will clear my mind, reduce stress, and keep me somewhat in shape.

how about drinking beers? ;)

Well, LitDoc doesn't drink, but that works for me  :)

Yeah, I don't drink. I don't see alcohol as a way to "clear the mind" unless by that you mean "...of brain cells."

I need something that will clear my mind in a way that sharpens it, not in a way that dulls it.

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 11:05:37 AM »
How did you know we were born the same year? I can't remember putting my birthday anywhere....  :-\

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
Ah....

And you've been paying attention to these details?  ;)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 11:44:15 AM »
When Tony walks up to talk with people, he likes to dispense with the trivials like, "Hey Baby, what's your sign?"  Already knowing everyone's sign from MySpace, he immediately moves to "You visit this jurisdiction often?"