Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3509 times)

margee

Re: PSA: It's hot.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 11:18:29 AM »
I'm a bit of a party-pooper like this, but I'm dreading the possibility of ice breakers and games with the society....  I can't stand crap like that.  The Society Games sound bad enough  :-\

I'm hoping that ls does indeed attract personality types more similar to mine, and we won't be forced to do too much of that... that... you know what I'm talking about.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »
Some of the articles I've been browsing about lawyers and networking seems to indicate that around half of lawyers are introverts.  So you won't be the lone flower on the wall if that's what you mean.

margee

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 11:30:51 AM »
thank goodness.

I really dislike being the only one in a room full of super-social people who are playing corny get-to-know-you games >:(

margee

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 11:32:01 AM »
I'm a bit of a party-pooper like this, but I'm dreading the possibility of ice breakers and games with the society....  I can't stand crap like that.  The Society Games sound bad enough  :-\

I'm hoping that ls does indeed attract personality types more similar to mine, and we won't be forced to do too much of that... that... you know what I'm talking about.

Compulsory socializing?  Yeah.  Just look for me off to the side observing the game bemusedly, margee.

yes.  exactly.

don't get me wrong, I'm social, and I enjoy socializing, but once it's forced... I just lose interst VERY quickly....  It's probably the perpetual adolescent in me - gotta be contrary :D

margee

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »
I don't like most sports.  playing or watching.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 11:59:52 AM »
I like participating when it's with people who have about the same level of talent/skill.  I wouldn't want to play football with the actual football team.  But it's fun with friends who aren't too serious about it.

edit: I suppose the silence means everyone prefers the big screen...

How many people did you expect to reply between the original posting and the 12 minutes till the edit?  Not all of us read the forums every second.  Most of y'all may, but even I have to take a potty break from time to time.

I don't particularly like sitting down and watching sports unless someone I know is playing.  Even then, I think watching PeeWee leagues for 5 years olds is the best.  They know how to do things in the game, but don't necessarily get them in the right order or at the right time.

I prefer playing sports.  Soccer, racquetball, wrestling, and volleyball are some of my preferred ones.  I will do basketball but I suck at it.  Baseball just bores me; there just isn't enough time doing stuff versus sitting/standing around.

margee

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Some consider dancing a sport.

hence the use of the word most  ;)

margee

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »
Well it is "free"

:D  yes

I'll be checking out their yoga classes.

margee

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 12:34:20 PM »
Well it is "free"

:D  yes

I'll be checking out their yoga classes.

YOGA ISN'T INCLUDED!    >:( >:( >:(

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 12:48:15 PM »
Margee, is there any yoga anywhere on campus? I was hoping to look into that, too.... :(
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09