Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2009 meet and greet  (Read 5123 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Re: 2009 meet and greet
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:24:23 PM »
Who cares about some anonymous poster anyway?  I'm only planning on being on this board for another month or so, till school starts.  If he/she/it has a problem then perhaps we can ban together to help him/her/it solve it.  I will not have an anonymous person defame me or people that are never negative or rude to others.  So far, the people I've met on here that are attending Widener are decent people.  If this individual wanted to pick a fight, then I say let that individual bring it.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »
Who cares about some anonymous poster anyway?  I'm only planning on being on this board for another month or so, till school starts.  If he/she/it has a problem then perhaps we can ban together to help him/her/it solve it.  I will not have an anonymous person defame me or people that are never negative or rude to others.  So far, the people I've met on here that are attending Widener are decent people.  If this individual wanted to pick a fight, then I say let that individual bring it.

Keith, I find it to be quite humerous; I don't know if people are angry at us for going to Widener, or the fact that were not apologizing for it.  However you're right the people in this "Meet and Greet" all seem like good people and it helps smooth the transition knowing that I'll at least know a few people even if on a superficial level.  Also, Friday football is a nice touch.  Don't worry about that guy, he personally attacked me, he has never meet me and I don't believe I've ever come in any type of contact with him, unless its with a psudonymn, if you have to hide behind aliases then you are not worth the energy required to type a response. 

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 11:55:44 PM »
Yeah, you're right.  That dude is a complete schmoe.  I just am tired of all the crap about Widener.  Really, that garbage got old about three months ago.

rodney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 02:47:55 AM »
I'm Steve.  Non-trad, Reg Div.  BS + Masters.  Married + kids.  Been living in Wilmington area for a while, about 5 mins. from Widener.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 11:47:17 AM »
Good to meet you Rodney.  So when is everyone arriving?  I move in on the 10th.  I figure I'd give myself a couple days to acclimate to the area so it's not everything at once.
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »
Unless circumstances change dramatically, I'll be commuting from South Jersey, so I'm already moved in.

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 12:59:20 PM »
I imagine you'll get your info some time in the latter portion of the next 30 days.  The impression I got when I went over there and spoke to the people in the housing department was that there was plenty of dorm space, but no hope for a 1L getting an apartment on campus.  If you sent your deposit in, it's just a matter of where you'll live in the 200 meter radius.
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »
yeah, they have somewhere around 5 singles and 5 doubles. I applied for a single and she was like, "well, you don't lose anything by applying. But...I wouldn't hold your breath."

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »
I applied for the single as well and am still waiting for the information.  I hope we can move in a few days before the mandatory orientation on the 15th, like the 12th or 13th.  I wouldn't mind hanging out and going to some lcoal spots with people before we commit ourselves to law.  If for some reason I do not get a dorm I have no clue what I am going to do as it is pretty late.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 04:37:46 PM »
If they chashed your check you're guarenteed a room.  I called them about a week ago and they told me I was assigned a room. THis was before they cashed my check too.  So you shoudl be fine.  This is for the 1 room dorm style room, not the apartment.