Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2009 meet and greet  (Read 5069 times)

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
2009 meet and greet
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:29:52 PM »
Hey guys, I thought I would try to make us super special and have more than one active thread going.  Anyway, since we're all on LSD, I thought it might be nice to introduce ourselves, seeing as how we may/probably will run into each other over on Campus (since campus is 2 buildings, the odds of us NOT running into each other approach 0). so to ::cough cough:: start the introductions,

"Hi, I'm Bob."

Yes, I know, spectacularly rare name. Probably the first you've ever met. 
I'm 26 years old (just turned 26 last week)
Currently working as a paralegal.
I love playing tennis, if anyone is interested in grabbing a court sometime, I'm definately game.  I used to be pretty good back in the day, right now I'm a 4.5-5.0 player. 
Socially, I'm a fan of bowling, movies, billiards, hitting up a local bar and having good conversations. 
One of my guilty pleasures is anime (hey, I rationalize it as a way for me to learn japanese... Gomen nasai!)
The area of law which interests me going into law school is intellectual property, but I'm open to pretty much anything.

I think that covers most of the general points.  Hope to hear from some of ya.

-Bob
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2009 meet and greet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:39:12 PM »
Alright, let's see.  My name is Casey, 21 years old and I turn 22 the 24th of August.  Right after classes start, the joy.  I recently graduated from Rutgers in New Jersey with a BA in Economics and Statistics.  I'm into playing any sport except baseball and I love the gym.  Some of you might have seen my gym information post earlier in the other thread.  Bob, I'm actually into anime as well and have just started working on my Japanese last night.  I actually think the language might be tougher than Hindi in terms of pronuctiations, atleast for me.  I've been interning Summers and Winters at a law firm for the past three or four years and in combination with my economics passion has influencing me towards business end of law and I am also planning on doing my MBA at Widener while I am there.  Parties are one of my things, although I do not think I'll be doing much of that as a grad student, but who knows, maybe those orientation days before classes will be relaxed/easy and we can hit up some local bars. 

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
I'm Keith and I recently graduated from The Richard Stockton College of NJ with a BA in Political Science.  I'm 32, so I'm probably the old guy of the group.  I also like to exercise and have recently gotten into biking.  I am not much of an anime fan (can we still be friends?).  I enjoy sports a great deal, especially the philly teams (which means I have a masochistic streak somewhere in my DNA).  I want to be a trial lawyer, starting first as a prosecutor and then as a private litigator.  I figure that I might as well get my courtroom experience on the gov'ts dime.  I also am into bowling and shooting pool (although I suck at both) and am also up for the occasional cocktail after class (although I notice that, as I get older, I want to drink less and less.).

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:54 PM »
have you guys figured out what you're doing with housing? I decided on Brandywine appts. It's a couple miles away, but not too bad. 
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »
I am living in the first year dorms.  Not sure where yet, but that is what I'm taking.  I figure it will be a good way to meet people during the first year.  However, after the first year I plan to look for either an appartment or town house of some sort in the area with people.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 12:53:36 AM »
We should do a Friday Afternoon Flag Football League for 1Ls.  What do you guys think?

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 01:43:38 AM »
Football sounds good, but no need for a league, why don't we just play to play, we have enough competition as it is.

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 09:48:50 AM »
I'd definately be in for Friday afternoon Football.  Friday is a short day for me and I'm sure I'll need to blow off some steam.

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:39:16 AM »
oh, if you guys are interested, there's a myspace group for widener students (although it's not too active at the moment...)

http://groups.myspace.com/widenerdelawareclassof2009

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 08:34:09 PM »
we're starting to get some people who do not like us too much.  did you see the josephine post that accuses us of being the same person.  one giant disociative personality disorder conversation.