Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scouting Report-Prof. Ammons  (Read 2686 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Scouting Report-Prof. Ammons
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:40:57 PM »
I am a soon to be 1L at Widener-Delaware and our new dean, Linda Ammons, is coming to us from Cleveland-Marshall.  I was wondering if any of you Cleveland St. people might have any insight as to Dean Ammons.  What can we at Widener expect from our new dean.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scouting Report-Prof. Ammons
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 02:43:13 AM »
A late response but I must say something here.

Dean Ammons is one of the reasons I made it through my first year of law school.  She was there for me professionally, academically, and personally.  She is the type of person who asks "how are you?" and if your response is in the negative will stop and have a conversation, lending whatever words of wisdom she may have.  Then later, she'll still remember you and take you aside to ask how your problem resolved itself.

Google and Lexis her name.  You will see from her works the kind of woman she is.  She played a pinnacle role in allowing battered women to bring their abuse as a defense in the State of Ohio.

Do note that she will go to battle for what she believes in.  When she is moving with conviction watch out because that woman will take you out if you cross her!  Fortunately for you, your law school is now the cause she is fighting for.

Also, Dean Ammons is a noted photographer.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Re: Scouting Report-Prof. Ammons
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 02:49:55 AM »
That's awesome that she seems to be very student centered.  I have read a few things about her and she seems impressive.