Re: IKEA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 11:58:35 AM »
YAY!

I Love IKEA!!

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:30:17 PM »
I personally prefer to shop at more upscale furniture stores like Target and Wal-Mart.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »
Grr. Wal-Mart.

I'm going to spare you my pro-worker, pro-community, pro-small business rant about Wal-Mart. You can PM me if you really want to hear.

I love Target though. And Pier 1. Crate and Barrel.

I can afford Target though. :)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 09:54:29 AM »
I'm going to spare you my pro-worker, pro-community, pro-small business rant about Wal-Mart. You can PM me if you really want to hear.

No, I don't want to hear them.  I've not been particularly impressed by the arguments before, and its best if we keep the boards clean of too many arguments.  :)

There are definitely stores I like better than Wal-Mart.  The ones up here in Round Rock have terribly long customer check-out lines.  So I go to HEB and Target first, where they keep the lines short.  My wife and I like that Target has the White Cherry ICEEs, too.  They don't stain children's clothing when spilled and drooled.  :)

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
I will happily spare you. I hate to argue. Law schoool is going to be torture.

;)

However, I love that Austin is a "Keep Austin Wierd" kind of place and look forward to a college town that values small business...Wal-Mart's stuff does also tend to break and wear out earlier than other products, but I have shopped there before. I think you can better spend your money elsewhere.

Target is great though, and I loved the lamps and rugs and shelves, etc. that I bought there for my first apartment. Therefore, I will probably be spending a lot of money there in August.

margee

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 11:10:09 AM »
Target = awesome
HEB = awesome
IKEA = awesomesauce
White Cherry ICEEs = yummyummydeliciousness

WalMart = good place to go when you need to buy something at 1am.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
It took me about 4 years of living in Austin till I finally found out what the Keep Austin Wierd stickers meant.  I kept on thinking it was some outspoken homosexual group.

I found one sticker really hilarious at the time, similar to the Keep Austin Wierd ones.  It was "Keep Round Rock Mildly Unusual."

From what I understand, the "Keep ___ Wierd" campaign is actually a national campaign.  They just plug in whatever city they are in at the time.  So much for Austin being too different.  ;)

margee

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:01:04 PM »
You see, this is why english teaches who berate little children for misspelling words should be shot.

The rule is: I before E except after C or when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh.

Weird CLEARLY defies this rule. 

And what does this prove? That even if you learn all the rules, you can never be sure what's right and therefore should not be belittled for making mistakes at the second grade level. 

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »
I secont that, margee. My worst subject in elementary school was "spelling." Please, it's not even a real subject! You can't major in it in college, and therefore, it doesn't count.

When will LSD upgrade the site to include spell check? Well, that's when my posts will be spelling error-free.

;D