Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3241 times)

margee

Re: IKEA
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 02:40:21 PM »
bad-spellers unite!

yeah, I got horrible grades in English b/c of the spelling tests.  They were traumatic, really. >:(

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:25:07 PM »
I don't mind the occasional spelling correction.  Weird is one word I obviously don't use that often.  I even remember reading at another location in the past month about the i before e except after c, with weird being an exception case.

I try to only correct people on egregious or repetitive spelling mistakes.  Oh, and weird people, I like to correct them too.   :D

margee

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:36 PM »
See WordWeb: http://wordweb.info/

A hotkey activated dictionary for your systray.  Just highlight the word and hit the customizable hotkey combination.  It's free and you can quickly check the spelling of a word.

I will TOTALLY be making use of that as soon as I get my new comp (won't use it on the work comp - don't want to get in trouble with the tech guys!)

Thanks Robert!

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 05:50:37 PM »
I've been wondering how secure the software actually is.  My programmer side is wanting to load it up a few times and see if I can find the bugs.

This also reminds me of something else.  I wonder if the exam software coders are on top of their game and will have a Windows Vista version out when MS releases, or if anyone upgrading to Vista will be out of luck when trying to use their laptop for exams.  That's another post for the official boards that I never expect to get answered.  <sigh>

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »
I thought it was "Bad spellers, untie!"....
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »
BTW, I like IKEA. Target's fine. WalMart is good only if you need something cheap and fast, and don't care about patronizing the Evil Empire.

For most furniture, I prefer to make it myself.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »
I'll probably check out IKEA once it is in Round Rock.  I just laugh about it whenever I hear its name.  Among my friends is someone who loves her IKEA stuff, but she seems to pick out really ugly things.  Whenever we see her new IKEA furniture we typically ask her, "You drove all the way to Houston, just to go to IKEA to buy THAT???"

margee

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 12:53:40 PM »
IKEA definitely has some questionable stuff, but they also have Really Awesome Stuff (especially for the price).

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »
I found one sticker really hilarious at the time, similar to the Keep Austin Wierd ones.  It was "Keep Round Rock Mildly Unusual."
I'm fond of the "Keep Dallas Pretentious" satire stickers.

simone

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 01:39:15 PM »
I found one sticker really hilarious at the time, similar to the Keep Austin Wierd ones.  It was "Keep Round Rock Mildly Unusual."
I'm fond of the "Keep Dallas Pretentious" satire stickers.

hahaha...that's hilarious.
Is anyone else living in Dallas right now?