Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Intent?  (Read 7951 times)

Felsen

• View Profile
Re: Letter of Intent?
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »
what do you do for work right now, Trav? 

Who or what is Trav?

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
Hey Jess.  Nice to see more UT people on here.  Are you in Houston?  Some of us are meeting later.

I'm in Austin already. I made the three day trek from hell down from Central NY at the beginning of June with the fiance, dog and all of our wordly possessions in one car and a very small Uhaul trailer. 30+ hours of driving mostly in traffic, high heat and a constantly barking terrier is great fun... really.

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »
yeah but high heat in NY and down is usually coupled with 80-100% humidity, which is the real killer.

100% correct... up there it's not the heat but the humidity and it's not the cold but the windchill (frequently 20 below) that get you. Every person I've met since I've moved here has asked me, "How are you taking this heat?". Really, it doesn't seem that different from the North because of the difference in humidity.

margee

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2006, 02:10:47 PM »
Difference in humidity?  ???

Houston averages over 90% humidity.... perhaps Austin is better (pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleas e)

margee

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
hmmm.  according to random-website-with-weather-information, Austin averages in the low 80's (which is WAY better than Houston - exponential growth of uncomfortableness regarding humidty and all that)

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
hmmm.  according to random-website-with-weather-information, Austin averages in the low 80's (which is WAY better than Houston - exponential growth of uncomfortableness regarding humidty and all that)

So far since I've been here the humidity has been nothiing like places that regularly top 90%. The dry heat is actually pretty nice.

margee

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »
makes sense since the humidity has only reached the low 80's in the past few weeks.

I'm glad to see that Austin will afford me at least a little break!

http://www.cityrating.com/relativehumidity.asp

margee

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »
At least it isn't College Station

That must be the most miserable place on the planet. (summer climate-wise, anyway ;) :D)

margee

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 04:37:56 PM »
 :D

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006, 03:56:34 PM »
Back to the original topic, I finally got my passport photo, so I went down to the law school and handed my letter of intent and photo to the nice woman in the admissions office (I don't think that's her normal job).

Why havn't the updated my status yet? It's been 20 minutes since I left the office!  ;)