Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Intent?  (Read 8041 times)

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Letter of Intent?
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 11:42:05 AM »
Got mine and sent it (with photo) last week.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »
I got my photo taken nearly a month ago, and was just holding onto it for the Letter of Intent.  My wife has one of those Sears photo member cards, so I just had to pay the $16 or so for the photos.  Otherwise it would have cost an extra $15 for the sitting.  The picture turned out nice, though.  I think you can get them done at the Post Office as well, though I don't know how much they charge.

margee

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 03:45:59 PM »
Passport photos are $8 for 2 copies at Walgreen's.

Awesome.  There's a Walgreen's about 2 blocks from my house.  Right across the street from the CVS... :D  Why are they always across from each other?   ::)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »
Here I was hoping that the picture would become part of a standard packet they hand to all prospective employers.  That way I get a small leg up on all of the people who got ugly pictures taken.

margee

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
I imagine it's for an entering students face-book thing and for student IDs.  But I could be seriously mistaken.

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »
My u-grad school used our pics for two things: (1) IDs, and (2) They provided a page of pictures for the professor or each class so they could call on you by name from the first day of class.

I bet UT Law will use them for both reasons. I'm sure that's good news for our resident gunner, but maybe not for the rest of us.  ;)

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 06:01:47 AM »
My u-grad school used the pictures we mailed in for our IDs, but checked to make sure we looked like our pics when they issued them to us. UT may do the same thing...

margee

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
When I opened this thread I got 2 pop ups.  When did LSD start using pop ups?!   I don't approve  >:(

margee

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 12:00:45 PM »
They were set up as two separate boards.  I don't think Andrew can go back and integrate them now.

I haven't gotten any popups over on the pre-law side.

I'm at work.  Therefore, no firefox.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 12:41:02 PM »
I use IE just fine, and haven't seen any pop-ups yet.

Now, I have accidentally clicked on the advertisements on the left side of this site several times.  That white on white coloring makes them virtually invisible, but bring up other websites.