Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If you were admitted to UC Davis and UC Hastings and had to decide between these two schools (and these two schools only), which would you choose?

UC Davis
UC Hastings

Author Topic: How into the whole UT thing are you?  (Read 2646 times)

margee

How into the whole UT thing are you?
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:19:44 PM »
Hmmmm?

Texas88

• View Profile
Re: How into the whole UT thing are you?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »
UT was the first school I visited, and I wasn't ready to commit, so I have no longhorn in my wardrobe yet. I'm sure that will change soon enough. I probably have 30 shirts from my first alma mater.

margee

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
I'm still blushing in shame :-[ :D

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:36:08 PM »
I'm just not one that gets very into the school spirit stuff.  I didn't go to many athletic games for my High School after I got out of band, and didn't attend any at all for undergraduate.

I've actually considered showing up for the first week of classes in my Nebraska t-shirts.  I went to High School in Nebraska, so started liking the football team at that point.  Since my parents still live there, I get a Nebraska t-shirt or sweatshirt nearly every year for Christmas.

A couple years ago, I actually got to see my first Nebraska football game in person.  It was here at UT, as some friends had some extra tickets.  They picked us up wearing their burnt orange, and my wife and I were in our Nebraska reds.  Luckily, there were some other Nebraska fans living in Texas, so we weren't the only red shirts in the sea of orange.

margee

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:28:44 PM »
the bf keeps insisting that he'll take me to a football game and I'll love it  ::)

margee

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »
ehn. 

I had fun at my HS football games, but that was mainly b/c of the band.  Hardly watched the game...

margee

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
 :D

yeah, it'll probably be fun, but ya know, gotta be difficult ;)

margee

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »
 :D

It's fun!  Teasing and such. 

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 03:40:28 PM »
I'll probably pick up a baseball hat, or a "UT Baseball" t-shirt, after I arrive in Austin. I'm not much into the "school spirit" thing, usually, but for some reason I'm a little more excited about it this time around. (I've attended 4 other universities prior to UT.)
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 01:11:31 PM »
I did my undergrad at UT, so I already have a wardrobe that is fairly deep in the burnt orange department. And I'm also a huge UT Football fan, having traveled to Columbus for the Ohio State game last season and Pasadena for the past two Rose Bowls. So I'm probably a little bit more school spirited than most who post on this board. That said, it's not for everyone and I know plenty of people from my undergrad days who rarely went to any sort of sports activities but still loved their time at UT.