Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How will you exercise?  (Read 6208 times)

margee

Re: How will you exercise?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
 :D

Actually, I was going to learn how to play golf before starting school, but I'm kind of running out of time....  

Texas88

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »
I <3 Mitch Hedburg. Best quote ever. It's my away message whenever I play tennis.

I'm not very good @ the game, but I jsut started taking lessons. I hope one of you will play with me (we can go otu for drinks after... :-P).

margee

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »
I'm considering the Federalist Society, Mock Trial, Moot Court, and that one where they go to high schools and teach kids about practical stuff....

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »
As far as student groups go, I'm thinking I'll join a couple of them.  Let me go check which ones exist here at UT...

OK, student journals are listed under the student orgs.  So I'll start off by saying that I'll be shooting for Law Review.  If I miss that, I'll probably go for the Intellectual Property one.

Order of the Coif is listed, but its invite only based on grades.  So I'll hope for that one too.

I'll try one of the Moot/Mock Court competitions.  Though it sounds like participation in that is mandatory or at least highly recommended for 1Ls anyway.

For actual organizations, my very likely list includes:
Intellectual Property Law Society
LDS Law Students Association
Texas Federalist Society

Possibles include:
Student Bar Association
ABA

I was considering the American Constitution Society which has recently arisen to give an alternative viewpoint than the Federalist Society.  Unfortunately their description makes them look like they're just out to hurl insults at those who oppose their views.

OK, did I give enough away that people can guess my political leanings yet?  ;)

margee

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
Can you participate in moot court/mock trials in 1L?  Journals (not TLR)?

I think that 1Ls can only participate in mock trial as witnesses etc
Journals are only for 2,3Ls, I think

margee

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
not sure...  I'll see if I can find it again

margee

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:07 AM »
I think that I might have read that on another school's website, so it may not apply :-X

margee

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:36 AM »
I'm considering the Federalist Society, Mock Trial, Moot Court, and that one where they go to high schools and teach kids about practical stuff....

Just found the name: Street Law

margee

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »
Were you in the same Q&A group I was with the girl from Yale UG and the guy in Street Law who is going to Bracewell/Giuliani?

No

margee

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »
my group had this really talkative asian girl.  And by really, I mean incessantly.

she was quite smart though.

:D

That's the group I was in.