Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How will you exercise?  (Read 6475 times)

margee

Re: How will you exercise?
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »
IS it just me, or was that paragraph worded poorly?

The Order of the Coif is a national law school honor society, founded to encourage scholarship and to advance the ethical standards of the legal profession. New members of the University chapter are chosen each fall from the top 10 percent of students who received the JD degree in the previous graduating class.

So does this mean that you would be chosen approximately 6 months after you had graduated and moved on?

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »
No, Coif is a post-graduation honor society. You are selected to it after you finish your degree. That's how I understand it. When I said I would pursue LR and Coif, I basically meant I will be pursuing top-notch grades, hoping to qualify for both.

The above graf on Coif is accurately worded.
"There is no was." -- William Faulkner

University of Texas, Class of '09

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »
No, I'm not on the married students mailing list.  I considered it, but didn't sign up.  I've never been a fan of mailing lists, as they seem to be more spam messages than anything else.  That's why I hang around on the boards instead.  It feels more social, and still relays the same information.

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 04:26:10 PM »
No spam. I created the married student email list myself, and the only people who have it are the married students who are on it. It's just a way for us to contact each other -- a networking tool -- mostly for planning married student BBQs once in a while.  :D  Some of us also thought it might be a good way to find babysitters (working out kid "swaps"). I've also tossed around the idea of forming a couples book club, as an excuse to read a book now and then that is not related to law, and the email list would be a way to coordinate an effort such as that.

PM me with your email, if you want to be on the list. There are roughly 10 of us on there right now.

margee

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
 :D

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2006, 11:49:13 AM »
:D Wait - does matrimonially challenged mean married or unmarried?

Matrimonially challenged means unmarried.

Challenged on a daily basis means married.  Or it means you're a teenager.

LonghornDUG

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
so back on topic.  I'm thinking about taking up boxing while I'm in LS to keep in shape, and I've already had some gyms recommended (thanks margee).  However, it baffles my mind that UT wouldn't at least have some boxing facilities that I could use on my own.  Anyone know if they do/don't?  I'm a little 'challenged' when it comes to finding anything useful on the UT website.

There is a speed-bag, a heavy-bag, and one of those dummies to practice on in the Rec Center.

LitDoc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »
Me too. And I'll try real hard not to go off on four-paragraph rants about marriage jokes while in the lotus position....

jess427m

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »
I've never done yoga before but I definitely plan to give it a shot although I fear I might be a little too high strung for quiet, meditative exercise.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 09:09:06 AM »
I've never done yoga before but I definitely plan to give it a shot although I fear I might be a little too high strung for quiet, meditative exercise.

I dunno what style of yoga this club does, but if it's too low-key for you there are styles that require so much movement and concentration that it's impossible to get bored or space out.  That is, until you get really good, when I think the spacing out is kind of the point.  ;)

Aren't those styles called Aerobics and Jazzercise?  :)