0 (0%)
Fair
 4 (66.7%)
Bad
 0 (0%)
*&^%
 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: If you're going to UT, clap your hands, *clap* *clap*  (Read 36530 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: If you're going to UT, clap your hands, *clap* *clap*
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »
By that token, I guess that Tonyp and LitDoc are the only ones other than myself that I'm quite certain are men.

I'm a man, fwiw.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 08:47:38 PM »
Are there pool tables in the union?
Indeed there are at least in the Union Underground. However, the Union isn't exactly convenient to the law school campus. It's quite a hike, and most of that hike is uphill.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2006, 07:32:55 PM »
I'm a librarian.

My wife used to work for Human Resources with the City of Austin library, so she got to know quite a few librarians in town.  She also got to tell me about inordinate number of PhDs they had stacking shelves at libraries around town.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2006, 10:56:50 AM »
For the weekend?  I really should mow, edge, and trim my lawn.  That's one thing I'll seriously consider paying someone else to do once I start making some real money.  Not only does it take up my time, but I suck at it.  Just ask my neighbors.  Luckily my HOA isn't actually authorized to do anything except send me nasty letters if they don't like how it looks.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
yeah, but at least that means you're gonna be out drinking 3 hours before us as well.   :)
Am I the only one who drinks on the job?

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2006, 02:19:15 PM »
We've had them bring out margarita machines here at work too.  Usually they just put 2-3 kegs out for the company-wide parties.  I hear that it is more common for younger and smaller companies.  Once the company grows bigger, there's normally some idiot who drinks too much and dies going home.  After that first liability lawsuit, companies tend to stop serving alcohol at work.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2006, 03:57:46 PM »
For overabundance of alcohol, yes, startups are the way to go.  My company has been around for 30 years now, though.  It just isn't "big" yet.  They strive very hard to keep a young college-like atmosphere.

jblack

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2006, 02:56:24 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the board but will be attending UT Law in the fall. I didn't think this announcement was worthy of its own thread so I made it here. I look forward to getting to know you guys in and out of the classroom for the next 3 years.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2006, 07:05:39 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the board but will be attending UT Law in the fall. I didn't think this announcement was worthy of its own thread so I made it here. I look forward to getting to know you guys in and out of the classroom for the next 3 years.
Noble thought, but this thread jumped that shark long, long ago.

Are you in Austin yet? We're going to be having another happy hour pretty soon.

jblack

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2006, 10:53:52 PM »
Noble thought, but this thread jumped that shark long, long ago.

Are you in Austin yet? We're going to be having another happy hour pretty soon.

I'm in Houston for the summer. I went to UT for undergrad so I'm spending the summer back home. I'll be back up there in early August.