0 (0%)
Fair
 4 (66.7%)
Bad
 0 (0%)
*&^%
 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: If you're going to UT, clap your hands, *clap* *clap*  (Read 37018 times)

hornian

• View Profile
Re: If you're going to UT, clap your hands, *clap* *clap*
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 10:58:33 AM »
Thanks Brave.

Deuces:
I wish.  Something much more upsetting and much more personal.  Last night.  I won't bore you with the details.  Suffice it to say, I am Desdemona.
I didn't realize we had to have a working knowledge of Shakespeare to post on this board.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
Thanks Brave.

Deuces:
I wish.  Something much more upsetting and much more personal.  Last night.  I won't bore you with the details.  Suffice it to say, I am Desdemona.

Already searched Wikipedia, but its been too long since I read Othello.  I'm trying to figure out if she's saying she's the symbol of purity and innocence, or something else.   ???

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 11:27:23 AM »
I'm at work, and I don't keep my Shakespeare here at work.  If I remember and someone doesn't just make it easy on us and talk, I can look it up in another 8 hours once I'm home.

lil kat

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »
i love how the *other* thread just magically disappeared boys  ;)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »
Othello kills Desdemona

OMG, Margee's been killed!

On the bright side, I'm glad to see that the other side has an internet connection.  But I'm still stumped as to whether that's heaven or hell.  Do they let you tell us that, Margee?

:o

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »
That's like how people use "cagey" in a derogatory sense.  Ditto on "shrewd."  But you're right, "Machiavellian" is synonymous with ruthless in the vernacular, though it's not necessarily a fair representation.

The only thing I really remember from The Prince is one of his suggestions.  If you have a people that don't like you, send in an oppressive governor.  He'll treat them so bad that when you come in personally and have him beheaded and replaced with a nice governor, they'll like you more.  It definitely sounds a bit on the ruthless side.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2006, 12:01:47 PM »
I can only hope that my inability to add a comment of any substance to this thread won't foretell any sort of inability to be competitive with you guys once classes actually start.

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »
I can only hope that my inability to add a comment of any substance to this thread won't foretell any sort of inability to be competitive with you guys once classes actually start.

It only helps mark you as a person against whom the Machiavellian style will work most effectively.  Watch your back!  ;)

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2006, 10:56:35 AM »
I'm terrible.  I'm one-handed today, as I've got tendonitis or some such in my left wrsit.  I've got to head out once my morning meeting is done so I can find a wrist brace and immobilize the sucker for a month or two.

hornian

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:22 AM »
How are you this morning?
This morning was awesome, temps were in the low 60s, low humidity, the Town Lake running trail wasn't very crowded, and I felt better than I have in awhile after running the 4 mile loop.