Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Free stuff  (Read 680 times)

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Free stuff
« on: June 01, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »
Over the course of my first year in law school, I've collected a respectable pile of free junk. What free crap did you get? Don't count stuff that you earned like scholarships and what not.

Here's my list that I still have around the house:

Barbri - Highlighter, some pens, a folder
Acquired by redeeming Westlaw or Lexis points - IPod shuffle, a set of knives
Westlaw - Two "padfolios," pens, a Nalgene-type water bottle, key chain, mouse pad, stress ball
Lexis - a weird looking waterbottle, pens, one of those foam things that you put on a beer bottle to keep it cold
Micromash - stress ball with a tether so I can hit people in the forhead with it when they're stressing me out
The school - a CD travel case (during orientation), a pen, a plastic no-spill coffee mug, a t-shirt, a bunch of folders

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Free stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:40 PM »
Over the course of my first year in law school, I've collected a respectable pile of free junk. What free crap did you get? Don't count stuff that you earned like scholarships and what not.

Here's my list that I still have around the house:

Barbri - Highlighter, some pens, a folder
Acquired by redeeming Westlaw or Lexis points - IPod shuffle, a set of knives
Westlaw - Two "padfolios," pens, a Nalgene-type water bottle, key chain, mouse pad, stress ball
Lexis - a weird looking waterbottle, pens, one of those foam things that you put on a beer bottle to keep it cold
Micromash - stress ball with a tether so I can hit people in the forhead with it when they're stressing me out
The school - a CD travel case (during orientation), a pen, a plastic no-spill coffee mug, a t-shirt, a bunch of folders

Aww man, you got an IPod shuffle? I wasted my points on a stupid tent...

Bobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:51:31 PM »
I haven't redeemed any points yet, but I hear there is such a thing as "inflation".  Basically, I heard that if you don't use your points they don't stretch as far the following year.  I was thinking of holding onto mine for all three years, and then redeeming them.  Has anyone else heard of this inflation theory?  I didn't ask our representatives, and it didn't come from them so I kind of want to take it w. a grain of salt.

racheles05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:27:18 PM »
The guy who made this website, Andrew, has a whole long thing about points in his blog. I think the opposite wound up being true - I think points are worth more if you hang on to them.