Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BudLaw, Why are you a huge feminine hygiene product?  (Read 2700 times)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BudLaw, Why are you a huge feminine hygiene product?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
Budlaw, just teens list? no law review? take a look here,

[...]

Outside of the top law schools, the only law school graduates having decent job opportunities will be those who graduated in the top 10% of the class and who made law review. Law review and top 10% are usually the same people because at most law schools the law review members are selected from those whose grades are in the top 10% at the end of the first year. If like me, your grades weren't in the top 10% at the end of the first year, but you managed to graduate in the top 10%, you are screwed because you weren't on law review. Furthermore, most big law firms make offers to their summer associates, who get interviewed and hired during the second half of the second year, thus it's mostly your grades during the first three semesters of law school that determine your entire legal future. If you are reading this, and you're a law student who already received your first semester grades, and they aren't top 10%, then my advice is to drop out now instead of throwing more money down the law school black hole.

[...]

The law schools will trick prospective students with bogus statistics about the great career opportunities available to graduates. Don't believe everything you read. First of all, there are the documented lies, like the admissions brochure for my law school alma mater, Arizona State University College of Law (ASU), which listed the average starting salary for graduates with job offers at graduation from private law firms. But what percentage of the class graduates with a job offer in hand from a private law firm? About 10%? Trumpeting the average salary for 10% of the class is d**mned deceptive. I further suspect that some law schools outright lie on their reported career placement statistics. Think about public companies. They have a strong incentive to lie on their financial statements, so that is why they have to prepare their statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and the accounting has to be audited by an independent public accounting firm. Despite these safeguards, companies like Enron are still caught lying on their financial statements.

[...]

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php?topic=3577.msg31305#msg31305

Well first of all, I'd hardly call your "post" accurate. (most 2L's get interviewed and hired in the first half of the 2nd year) Job opportunities at FSU are just fine. Further, I'd say don't worry about my job opportunites. I'm clerking at a Firm right now, and since I booked both of my summer courses I think I'll just be fine for OCI over the next couple of months. 

By the way what's your opportunities looking like? Oh wait, we'll never know because you keep on making up screen-names and never post with your real one or let yourself be known. So stop being a female dog and get that cock out of your mouth.

gtown

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 03:07:51 AM »
FSU?! Hahaha!

mayordaly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 03:12:35 AM »

[...]

So stop being a female dog and get that cock out of your mouth.

[...]

LOL Budlaw! Must be that female dog, jacy85!

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,4271.msg31122.html#msg31122

nathan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »

Christmas Military